Counselor form and timing issues

<p>My son will be sending off his application in about a week. We can't seem to find anything on the website that indicates a counselor form is needed. Does this come up after the application is submitted? Or does the student just have the school send a transcript?</p>

<p>Also, I have suggested that he hold off submitting the application until the teachers send their letters. Since UW does not absolutely require rec letters, I am concerned that the application would be reviewed in their absence if he doesn't wait. </p>

<p>Advice?
Thanks</p>

<p>Can’t speak for sure about this year, but last year for my son’s app, there was no counselor form, just the uploaded electronic school transcript. And yes, our experience was that, as teacher recs are not required, the app can be “complete” and under review before they are received. </p>

<p>Everything else being equal (there are no timing advantages to waiting for first semester grades etc), I would recommend submitting completed app before the Nov 1 round 1 cutoff so that you get decision by end of January. From the decision threads from last year, it was generally at least 4 weeks from date of completed app before there was a decision, though usually much longer than 4 weeks. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>thanks so much. We are finding that the hardest part about the application process is getting the counselor and teachers to complete the forms. So, it will be better if we only have to get a transcript sent. We were aiming for Nov. 1, and hope that the teachers will meet that deadline.</p>