Counselors haven't submitted my School Report for Harvard REA yet

Just like the title says… I’m quite worried and have been bugging them to submit this for ages (I have a new counselor who didn’t even know what a school report was), but I’ve been promised it will be submitted by tomorrow morning. Do you think I’ll be penalized or deferred because of this? Can AOs review my application without this? For context, I got an interview almost immediately and I think I have some sort of shot because of how hard I worked (everyone says that, I know. I just don’t want to feel like everything has gone to waste). Thank you!

2 Likes

You’ll find out in 2 weeks.

i’m just wondering if the missing item is going to be a problem for me-- i’m fine with the wait either way!

My guess is you’ll be deferred. But I can’t imagine that you are the only student to apply somewhere early this year, so it surprises me that the counselor submitted no report to any university.

Unless you’re referring to the school profile when you say counselor’s report, in which case they can evaluate without it.

it is the school profile, not their recommendation if that’s what you mean. do you think I’ll be okay or do you still think I could be deferred? thanks!

In that case, they’ll evaluate your application and decide without it. Whether they look at something sent tomorrow, or if it will matter, is pure guesswork

2 Likes