Course overload (Double Major in Engineering & STEM path to the MBA)?

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I recently got into the stem path to the mba which I am really excited about. But as I look at the courses I have to take…and I was wondering whether it would be smart to double major in Electrical Engineering & Physics and also do the MBA program? On the website it says that the I just need 4 more credits on top of the ones I get in Electrical Engineering to grad with a degree in that and Physics. Would the course overload be too much if I add on the MBA program?</p>

<p>Others will/can weigh in about the actual courses and programs, but in general, only you can answer these questions you are asking as to if anything is too much. You will never know if something is too much unless you try it. If you are motivated, above all, to make this work, you will make it work. You will find that at UA, there are few limits put on you, so be that kid in the candy store & sample it all, is what I say.</p>

<p>You don’t need to make that decision until at least your sophomore year. The additional physics classes would not come until junior year, so you have time to decide if you can handle it. The bigger question is why? What do you expect to accomplish by adding the physics degree?</p>

<p>^^^ Agree with the above - there’s no need to decide now!</p>

<p>Speaking as someone who was taking a lot of credits each semester and working 20 hours per week, it’s really a question of how well you can manage your time. Remember to leave some time for social activities and sleep. </p>

<p>Occasionally one can make later semesters easier by taking more lower division courses during your first few semesters. Personally, I found that taking an online class each semester really helped me manage my schedule as there’s more flexibility in what part of the week one can watch the lectures and complete the assignments.</p>