course question

<p>Do somewhat small things on applications play big roles? Such as if i send in my application having taken 3 math courses instead of 4 etc..... but my schedule will still not be easy, i just wouldnt have taken math my senior year</p>

<p>College counselors at our school say that what UW-Madison's admissions department looks for first is difficulty of curriculum. They may be wrong about that, but nonetheless I think it is a bad idea to skip math your senior year unless you have already completed calculus with a good grade and AP score. Otherwise, it's too hard to argue that you are taking the strongest possible curriculum.</p>

<p>well i am going to be taking several college courses and DECA, I dont see how this is not challenging.</p>

<p>I didn't take a math my senior year (ended with Pre-Calc junior year), and I got in fine. I think if you ended on a relatively high level of math and are taking other advanced classes and getting good grades- you should be fine.</p>

<p>One note though: I've been looking at the sample math placement test questions (I'm taking mine next month), and I don't remember anyyyy of it. XD</p>

<p>Review the math before you take the placement test! It would be terrible to have to take a remedial course, especially one that wouldn't replace other credits for graduation. Review the questions at least if you are taking high-powered math as well- you may have forgotten some of the basics tested.</p>

<p>"Review the math before you take the placement test! It would be terrible to have to take a remedial course, especially one that wouldn't replace other credits for graduation. Review the questions at least if you are taking high-powered math as well- you may have forgotten some of the basics tested."</p>

<p>Tell me about it! I'm definitely trying to figure out ways to review. My favorite part is that the placement site actually says "We do not advise any special test preparation." Gee, thanks! I still have my old Pre-Calc notebook, so I can try to review that, but bleh. I am not looking forward to the Math Test!</p>

<p>Don't worry, if you can remember how to do the simple stuff you will do okay- the reason I said to review is that some people have forgotten the common knowledge. Good to look at the practice test, no sense studying all sorts of higher level math that's not tested.</p>