Course Schedule

I am going to BB next week and wondered how hard is it to get the freshman level (non-honors) English and language courses you want? Any suggestions for making the registration process easier?

No problems at all getting the classes you need to take. You might have to pick a different section than your first choice if there are no seats, but you WILL get into classes. Can you access Schedule Builder? Have several different schedule options open to yourself and you’ll be fine. Good luck.

When I try to create a schedule with schedule builder, it tells me there are no seats available at all for either IT 101 or GN 101. Do I keep trying as the date for BB approaches?

I would look at previous years (same semester, i.e., Fall 2014), and see how many seats ended up in each section. Honors probably capped at 16; other classes at 25? More seats will open up!

At BB last week, ENGR students had trouble getting Chem 101, Calc 1 & 2, and a few other things. I’m sure there are other courses in other majors that are tricky. Upper division classes that might be filled by sophomores, etc, might be tricky, too. Many Freshman courses (English 101, etc.) have had many seats reserved for BB students, and they release a number of them for each BB. So, for those sorts of classes, you should be fine.

Of course, you aren’t guaranteed to get the exact time/section you want. Definitely have alternatives in mind as much as possible. Work up lists with course ID numbers (the 6 digit numbers) for ease of registration.

Keep in mind that you can drop/add all summer to tweak the schedule to get it “more perfect”. So, as long as you can get a modestly acceptable schedule at BB, you can improve it over coming weeks.

Yes it’s more the timeslots you will have trouble with not getting the entry level classes in general. I would not worry about that…but have different gameplans for the different time slots if you can. They will also tell you about EN 103 if your ACT/SAT scores are high enough and if you pass with a C you’ll get credit for 101 and 102…6 credits total. If you are confident in writing and command of the English language I’d say go for it.

Attending BB with DS. If you have course selections and options plugged into Schedule Builder, will that work for BB? Do they use Schedule Builder at BB? I know DD (Junior) just puts her course selections into the cart and hits “send” when her regular registration time opens up.

As a follow up, I attended BB this week. I got all the courses a wanted at the times I wanted! They open plenty of seats in the entry level classes during registration.