Course Scheduling with myEdu

We’ve used myEdu.com to help with planning my son’s schedules at A&M but now it says it will no longer support Texas A&M course schedules.

Does anyone know what happened and if there is an alternative?

Here is the best alternative I’ve found. http://freecollegeschedulemaker.com/
You have to manually enter data but it still shows a good visual of classes.

I think TAMU blocked myedu from scraping their schedule.

Thank you. I basically already made a schedule in MS Word. The myEdu was nice because it loaded all the different sections and helped with conflicts. Too bad A&M blocked it.

Thanks. But I don’t see Texas A&M on their supported schools.

Son used the free college schedule maker kldat1 mentioned. Even though the classes he would pick from were not open yet, he practiced looking up and quickly deciphering the courses on Howdy, plugging them into the schedule maker and having the color codes to really see how busy/difficult any one day would be. Then on registration day at NCS, the students spent two hours building schedules during lunch before registration. Son is in engineering and between rate my professor and this schedule builder prior homework, he was able to build several schedules quickly among all of the open classes he had to chose from and the profs he wanted.
Once he was in the “registration room” (where parents do not go), he pulled up his schedules on his computer and was ready to go, when they gave the signal.
A word on rate my professor. Take the reviews with a grain of salt. You can tell the real ones from the fakes or those that blame the prof for them failing and the ones who give you insight into the prof. Son did this for all of his classes and had a little list of at least 2 for each class, just in case. It did not fail him. He really likes his profs, appreciated the insights and tips and plans to also rate when the semester is over.

@edtechguy Nice! It took a few minutes to figure out the interface…but it did make a schedule a lot faster than I could do it with Excel and Howdy. :slight_smile:

So it is a huge improvement that really mets a need.

What confused me a lot was how to find the courses. I finally typed something in the Subject input field and that made it more obvious.

Is the only option for logging in and setting up an account through Facebook?

@edtechguy Sweet!

Looks like you have a winner here. We’ll definitely give it a try in a few weeks.

Good Luck to you.

Looks like these posts got deleted. Coursicle is the best alternative to MyEdu now: https://www.coursicle.com/tamu/

@Monstermac77 We used coursicle for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 registration. It is a big help.