Course Selections Help:(

<p>Hi, I'm currently a sophomore in High School about to enter the IB Diploma Program. We are currently going through course selections and I'm having troubles deciding which courses to choose. Some information about me: my dream college is NYU and I would like to double major in Economics & Political Science and possibly minor in Sociology. So here are the courses I'm looking at for next year:
Group 1- English Literature HL
Group 2- Spanish HL
Group 3- History of the Americas HL and Economics (HL/SL)
Group 4-
Group 5- Math Studies SL or Math SL</p>

<p>So here are my dilemma(s)... this year I am having a lot of trouble with trig (currently we are going through unit circle and sine functions). I am having a hard time maintaining a B so I'm considering taking Math Studies SL but after researching I found that Math Studies SL isn't considered a really rigorous course. Will this hurt my chances of getting into NYU even though I am taking 4 HLs?</p>

<p>For group 4, I'm having an extremely hard time choosing my course. My school offers HL and SL Bio but the SL Bio (for whatever reason) is only 1 year long. Will it still count and how difficult would that be ? Also, would it appear as if I'm opting for the easier course if I do SL Bio instead of HL/SL Chem or SL Physics. The reason I want to go into Bio is I feel that it applies more to real life and is more interesting than the other two courses. If SL Bio seems like a risk should I opt for SL Economics and take HL Bio instead for my 4th HL? </p>

<p>What do you guys think? I know I'm asking a lot of things but I'm really worried that I might make the wrong decision about my courses and it will hurt my future/grades. Thanks in advance! :)</p>

<p>SL bio is fine, bonus points if you can self study ap bio. Math studies, however, is suicide. the class is a joke. if you want to be taken seriously Math SL is a must.</p>

<p>BTW i found that math SL has very little trig and is easier than pre-calc. Also see if you can take BC calc then self study the ib math sl test (my school allowed me to) </p>