Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

So the Seattle region apparently is thinking, hey we had the first cases in the country so we will have the last opening of vaccines to all. Huh?

1 Like

Or maybe they are trying to reach everyone in each priority group before moving on to the next one, and there is a low rate of vaccine refusal. I.e. something like what @HImom is describing in Hawaii in post #1757.

From what Iā€™ve heard, appointments were not being filled up. But it looks like it will be on the honor system in just a few days

Starting on March 31, those getting their vaccine wonā€™t have to prove theyā€™re eligible under the current phase to qualify. The DOH said they trust most people will continue to do the right thing and wait their turn.
Removing Phase Finder as a requirement is intended to speed up the vaccination process and reduce barriers for those who wish to get vaccinated, the newsletter reads. The DOH said it sees the importance of getting as many vulnerable community members vaccinated as possible before vaccine eligibility expands to everyone 16 years and older on May 1.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/phase-finder-phasefinder-department-of-health-vaccine-eligibility-washington-state/281-1af42352-b91f-4d6e-b1d0-a98992a23c2c

First and last, maybe it should be the new state motto!

Ugh, feeling the same about PA. What are they doing?

1 Like

Colorado is opening vaccine eligibility to everyone 16+ beginning this Friday, April 2. Woohoo! S23 is so anxious to get the shot. DH and I are already fully vaccinated. Soon, D19 will be the only person in our family without the vaccine. Sheā€™s in college in PA and I feel she should be eligible as someone living in a congregate setting, but Iā€™m totally clueless as how to get more info or help her schedule an appointment.

2 Likes

No kidding.

Reports are that volunteers at some mass vaccination sites are looking to fill spots. Sadly, any person must be eligible to get a shot or they have to be turned away. Where there is a will, there is a way - to find eligibility for those brave enough to show up for these unclaimed appointments.

(Last time I looked at one of these sites, there were 100-plus same day slots still availableā€¦)

Where in PA?

Philadelphia.

DM me and Iā€™ll give you some info.

I live in Deep Red PA, but unlike as reported in GA, a large majority here seems to want the vax. All of the available spots around us fill super quickly, the news says itā€™s often in minutes or at least < an hour. The news also said we have one of the Top 10 percentages of older folks living in the state. I havenā€™t double checked that, but if true, that could also be part of the delay.

I did just check CVS to see if they had any openings elsewhere in the state. There are a few, but they are far, far, far away from where I live and likely even deeper red than we are. They are more rural for the most part - except Erie, which is a city. I canā€™t explain that one.

PA govt has clarified that they donā€™t consider dorm residents to be eligible under congregate living, unfortunately. I know Philly is doing their own thing though.

If youā€™re checking CVS donā€™t just rely on that first list of availability. Iā€™ve found appointments that arenā€™t showing up on that first list. Usually after midnight.

1 Like

PA is still on Phase 1a (65+), with ā€œeveryoneā€ eligibility targeted for May or June, depending on the day/source.

Ohio is anyone over 40 with no requirement to be a resident, so I have an appointment 80 minutes away next Monday.

6 Likes

Ohio is 16 and up starting today. D1 who is 32 was vaccinated this morning.

9 Likes

I wish we lived closer to OHā€¦ I will get my second shot on Saturday (educator), but my adult kids wonā€™t be eligible until the end.

2 Likes

Not sure PA will be in that cohort but fingers crossed!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/us/covid-vaccine-eligibility-states.html

1 Like

As of today vaccines are open to everyone 16 and over here in MN. I randomly woke up around 5:30 am (feeling fine, which is nice since I got my second shot yesterday), and decided to see if pharmacies had changed the booking criteria yet. They did, and I was able to snag my husband a first dose appointment for after work tomorrow! What good luck and what a huge relief!

18 Likes

At last, your husband will get his shot! So pleased for you. Good work.

4 Likes

My kids got appointments within 15 minutes of the 8am opening in NYS for 30+. One Thursday, one Friday and one in 2 weeks. Phew. Eldest has a baby due in 4 weeks (Friday appt) so very happy he will be vaccinated.

11 Likes

I was surprised by Colorado announcement of going to age 16+ soon. We just went to our phase 1b4 (age 50+ etc, 2.5 million people) on 3/19. There are still lots of people scrambling for appts and sometimes even driving to other areas of the state or to Wyoming .