Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

My point wasn’t that they were saving vaccine specifically for me (or anyone else), but that the person I was responding to seemed that they should have to notify the waiting list to take them off. I was pointing out that the preregistration explicitly states that there is no need to remove one’s name from the waiting list, that they would simply offer the vaccine to someone else.

You simply re-stated my reply!

Saw my first ‘vaccinated only’ activity. This was for an outdoor safety course. Open to all, but only those who are fully vaccinated can participate in the team activities. I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of this spring/summer. Will be interesting to see how this plays out at work, particularly where the work requires close indoor activity or close interaction with clients.

2 Likes

My volunteer place has one job where two people can work together. They have asked anyone interested in doing this job to please provide evidence of full vaccination…or you can’t do that job.

3 Likes

Haverford college is beginning the process of vaccinating those on campus who haven’t been able to be vaccinated off-campus. They’re working on the first tier now, but will move on to more people soon. It’s good that they’ve been able to bring vaccines right to the campus for those that didn’t otherwise have access.

6 Likes

My sister has been volunteering as a vaccinator in various Seattle sites over the last couple of months: Seattle U, Lumen field, pop-up clinics. Here are her observations:

• Every time a new group is eligible, they were swamped but then it eased up. She has seen more appointments available online and people she vaccinated had an easier time booking. Keep an eye on the vaccine locator website. It reflects real-time availability.

• Lumen is well organized, lines move quickly and you can be in and out in half an hour including observation time. They have so many medical volunteers, it truly takes a village! They also bring in paid staff otherwise volunteers will burn out.

• My neighbors have no problem finding open slots in nearby pharmacies. In fact, they told her if she wants others to use leftover shots, call back around 6 pm. There were always a dozen shots to be distributed for walk-in. My sister says lately, it’s not unusual that 10% will not keep their appointments.

So hang in there. April 15 will be busy - the first day for all. But looks like there is an increase of vaccines to the state: 458K, 412K then 390K for the first 3 weeks of April. Good luck to all Washingtonians.

7 Likes

Many thanks to your sister!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Walgreens in GAs released appointments hours ago. tons still available last i looked. Even in metro Atlanta . lots of vaccine reluctance in rural areas.

3 Likes

Publix, Kroger, CVS also good in GA.

3 Likes

So frustrating. I finally convinced my mom to get the vaccine. I searched and made her the appointment at a Walgreens close to her in Philly and then they called her an canceled it. There were tons of open appointments, but apparently they’re only willing to vaccinate a small subset of eligible Philadelphians. My mom’s COPD, diabetes, and obesity didn’t cut it. Now she is back to saying never mind, if they don’t want to give her the shot she must not need it.

1 Like

Is there a CVS close to her?

I just found her a new appointment at a rite aid and sent her the confirmation number and told her that Walgreens was messed up and she definitely should get it- she has three high risk conditions. Fingers crossed it goes off smoothly.

8 Likes

My daughter, who lives with us, made an appointment for her first dose at Walgreens on Sunday, and her 2nd dose is also scheduled. I’m so relieved; I thought it might take longer for her to find an available slot.

On Monday my DH and I will be 2 weeks post second dose. I feel like we’re finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

6 Likes

Scheduled our shots. Vaccine tourism - here we go. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

How far from home for vaccine tourism?

Still in state. :slight_smile: A couple of hours drive.

5 Likes

Let us know if she was able to get her vaccine. :crossed_fingers:

My experience with the vaccine has been if you are able to register, once you got to the vaccination site, no questions were asked.

Talking about the time once things opened up a bit, not the first few weeks

1 Like

So noone in rural GA seems to want a vaccine, and the Governor is not even trying to convince people, on the vaccine finder sites, there are tons of open appointments. Then you go to a state like MA, and there is Nothing! i am all for giving states that have rising cases more doses in the coming weeks.

Can you tell i am frustrated that our state is pretty much last, and whats worse is that we have plenty of appointments . The hesitancy here is real.

Gov Kemp and his daughter actually went to South GA to get shots and convince people to get them since numbers were so low South of Macon. Regardless, the people seem to be very hesitant about the vaccine or anything to prevent the spread of Covid for that matter. When we go down to our ranch and go out to get food they look at us like we’re weirdos for having masks on. I even put a mask on our hay bunny. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

We are doing the vaccine tourism 3 hours away in a rural area where it was easier to snag 3 spots for H,S19 and I on a Saturday (today). I spent a lot of time this week searching for appointments and finally found these yesterday late afternoon. Unfortunately D will not turn 18 for a few days and can not get the J+J with us. I wondered if it was silly for us to travel so far, but H and I agreed that it will be worth it to get it done. We are familiar with the area we are going-not far from where H grew up and we might relocate there someday.

7 Likes

Vaccines and check out possible retirement properties. Sounds like a good day to me!

4 Likes