Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

I agree that the unused vaccines should come to places that needs them because most people in the area want to be vaccinated. I think we will see a huge shortage here in San Diego when it opens up to everyone on 4/15. We are all going to work to get D1’s bf an appointment when he becomes eligible on 4/15 since he is the last of our “bubble” to get the vaccine.

Here in GA they are begging people to get vaccinated. I can get an appt anytime. Meanwhile I have coworkers in MA that cant get any appointments that badly want one. i offered to have them come here and stay with me. :slight_smile:

Herd immunity will not happen in the south, unfortunately

What are people doing with the vaccination card? Just file it with other medical paperwork at home?
@3SailAway or anyone else - Any thoughts on the possibility of an oral covid 19 medication? I saw something about it on the news last night. Would this be more like a booster?

My husband laminated a COPY of the card (don’t laminate the original, since there are stickers on it!). He also took a photo of it and emailed it to himself and me. I believe he also scanned it to have a copy on his computer.

2 Likes

Hooray, two of my friends actually listened to me. They each went on the Walmart site at exactly midnight and got appointments for their sons. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I took photos of all cards and have them stored in two places digitally. And then they are stored in our safe next to our passports.

3 Likes

In addition to having a digital copy of your card, you need to give this information to your primary care physician and other frequently used doctors so they can add it to your medical records (with all your other immunizations). If you didn’t get your shot from them, they will take an image of your card and use it to update your medical records. My daughter did this for two of the medical practices she uses.
My husband actually got his shots at the medical center where most of his doctors are located. They updated his digital immunization records immediately.

2 Likes

No stickers on mine.

1 Like

I think Pfizer uses stickers. Moderna doesn’t. Don’t know about J&J.

A department at my son’s college sent out an announcement yesterday that there was a site that had received 24,000 J&J vaccines and it was open to students. I sent it to my son immediately because their age group isn’t eligible until the 19th. He tried to get on immediately (which made me very happy) but no dice. As soon as he got in they ask about eligibility categories and it was obvious nothing applied to him. He went through all the screens anyway only to be told there were no appointments. Sigh. Apparently others had the same problem. The link never should have been sent out to those outside the currently eligible groups.

Now that I’ve had one shot and have the second scheduled, I’m starting to get impatient about getting my kids appointments, especially as I read here about other young adults getting vaccinated. April 19th is only 11 days away. I have to keep telling myself that.

2 Likes

Sticker or not depends on where you got the shot not the type of vaccine.

3 Likes

All 4 in my household have received both doses of Pfizer vaccine. 3 of us were vaccinated at a drive-through mass vaccination site. One was vaccinated at a grocery store pharmacy. No stickers an anyone’s cards. Just written info on card - date, location, and lot number.

1 Like

We took pictures of our cards and now keep them with our passports. Our passports are in my backpack because that’s where they’ve always lived since we tend to use them a bit. Hopefully we’ll be needing them soon.

If people want to get vax and are able to travel to a spot that has them with no takers - go for it. Since I’ve told my son’s story about the people going to his place from Boston I’ve heard of a lot of other similar stories making our traveling time of 90 minutes one way “hardly” a vaccine tourism data point.

I’m wondering the purpose of the covid cards. Ours are all handwritten…J+J. It was a Walgreens pharmacy that also had us write our primary care physician on a consent form. I’m curious if they would inform the primary care, but I sent a message via my chart to update it anyway. The physicians office did not want a photo copy of card or lot #. I had an old vaccine card from my childhood, but that system for keeping records of immunizations seems so old school now.

I agree about no stickers. My H, my mom snd I all got Pfizer and we all just have info written on card about like t number and dates of vaccination. Ours were administered at HMO, Kaiser.

In CA 40% of vaccines were allocated to the lowest parts of the Healthy Places Index (blue locations here https://map.healthyplacesindex.org/ most of which are in the Central Valley). So this is not about vaccine reluctance per se, but an excess allocation to the Central Valley compared to the rest of the state. Our neighbor drove to Stockton this week to get vaccinated, I was going to go to Yuba City until I found a local appointment here.

What is even more bizarre is that the criteria for moving to less restrictive tiers in the Bay Area and rest of the state were kept as more restrictive until 4M vaccinations were administered in the lowest HPI tier (just achieved in the last week): Current safety measures - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

Note this is about where the vaccine was administered, not who it was given to. So strangely enough, I guess people can say that they were helping the recovery in Los Angeles by traveling to Bakersfield to get vaccinated!

But the extra smog from their car exhausts didn’t do anything to help the kids suffering from asthma in Bakersfield. I wonder when someone will calculate the amount of extra CO2 generated by the governor’s decision?

3 Likes

Take a photo of it for a backup, and in case your primary care physician wants to see it when you tell them that you got the COVID-19 vaccine so that they can put it in your medical record.

I got my vaccinations at the clinic run by my health care provider, so it was automatically entered on MyChart.

I think vaccinations (mostly for children) were converted in Colorado to a state database about 10 years ago. Still have the little yellow/blue cards for my kids, but I’m pretty sure they can go online and get their records. When we moved to Florida I had to go register them with the health department, give a record of vaccines, before they could go to school. Now they can get a copy. No idea if they’ve been updated over the years with flu shot records (mine is on MyChart).

Just read an article about vaccine tourism in WA. Our officials are delighted that people will be traveling across the mountains to get their shots… shaking my head. Sure, the wineries and the restaurants will be busy! The Eastern WA locals are not eager to get the shots, so some officials hope that the “tourism” will help get the locals interested in vaccinations. Ha, that is simply wishful thinking!

3 Likes

Many states have state vaccine registries. Some, but not all, medical groups add information found in the state vaccine registries to your medical record.