Craig and Galen Brown Foundation Scholarships?

@DFDubya My son had his interview this week and he was offered the scholarship. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

I got the maximum $24000 scholarship! Texas A&M will match half of it, so added on to my National Merit scholarship, its a full ride.

Could someone please offer some advice about the interview? My very quiet daughter is going for her interview in just a couple of days. Could you share what kinds of questions she will be asked? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

@Commiserating From what I have heard this sounds like Ivy interviews: getting to know the candidate on a personal level, no traditionally “tough” questions and an opportunity to sell TAMU. @barfly might be able to share some more insights. Our son will be interviewing as well. Good luck to your daughter!

Please let us know how it goes, and I will do the same!

Cheers,
Psy

Thanks, and good luck to your son!

@barfly and @indianboy2400 could you share some insights? Maybe some sample questions? Any advice? Thanks so much!

I’ll PM you!

@psywar My daughter was offered the scholarship. I was so impressed with the well-rounded advice that he offered before the personal interview.

Has your son had his interview yet?

@Commiserating Congrats!!! Our son has his interview in the first week of Feb. Maybe we are the last interview? :wink:

My wife is going with our son, I have to work, but if you think it is a really good idea that I attend to hear the talk, I might go. Can you tell us (or PM me) a little more about your experience?

Thx - psy

My daughter has a phone interview the first week of February. Is this the only interview and then they find out? I would also love advice for interview.

The best advice I got and give is to not try to find out any of the questions before-hand so the answers will be authentic. These are very friendly people who aren’t asking “gotcha” questions, so tell your daughter to relax. I had advice for dressing, but I guess that doesn’t matter for a phone interview. I don’t know how they do those.

Thanks