Crap, am I utterly screwed?

<p>Well, due to certain factors in my life (ie waiting for appeals and what not…) I did not send in my housing info to UC Merced till today…and it said waitlisted -_-</p>

<p>Do freshmen who are waitlisted tend to get housing at the UC’s?</p>

<p>Depends on the school, don't really know for merced, but my totally uninformed guess for merced is that you will get housing.</p>

<p>There is nothing wrong with living off campus in Merced. It is pretty close but I am pretty sure Merced has enough dorm spaces for waitlisted people.</p>

<p>Merced has a lot of housing for freshman. You are waitlisted b/c you sent the app past the deadline. They probably have to process everyone's apps (who sent it in on time) before they can determine whether or not you have a room. You were most likely automatically waitlisted because you sent in your app too late. You can always CALL the housing office, find out where you are on the list and ask their opinion.
BTW this is probably the case for merced. At other UC's, depending where, there isn't as much available space.</p>

<p>They grossly overestimated the number of people that were going to go to Merced. When the first class had a whopping 500 people in it, you have an idea of how much free space they'll have >_>;;</p>