Credit limit?

<p>Can a student take 18 credits in his/her first semester?</p>

<p>I checked out the class timing and I made a sample schedule and it is completely manageable. BUT IS THERE A LIMIT ON THE CREDITS ALLOWED IN THE FIRST SEM? And if yes then can we request for the limit to be over-ruled?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure you can but most first time students don’t usually take 18 credits. 18 credits is the limit though. I think once you’ve established yourself as a student your advisor will let you take more 18+ credits if you need to.</p>

<p>Not really recommended your first semester. It is your choice though… </p>

<p>You can take more than 18 credits but you will be paying more money for each additional credit hour. Your tuition is fixed off 18 credit hours so yeah.</p>

<p>The 18 credit schedule actually comes down to 9 credits cause the other 9-credit worth classes (Calc. I and CHM 115) I’ve already completed in high school.</p>

<p>I know the logical step is to test-out but I don’t want to give up on easy potential As.</p>

<p>So it comes down to this…should I test out or go ahead with the 18 credit course that I think should be manageable.</p>

<p>It really is your choice then.</p>

<p>If you don’t want to give up on easy, potential A’s then don’t test out.</p>

<p>You do know that doing work/studying is harder in college than high school right? Why I say this is because you think classes will be easy since you’ve taken them in high school.</p>

<p>do people actually take more than 18 credits ? assuming that they’re learning the subjects for the first time, not just for an easy A.</p>

<p>I know a few people (not freshman, though) who take 21 credits because they are double majoring and still want to graduate on time (however, some of their classes are online so that makes things a little easier). Other than that, most people stay below 18 credits to stay sane/have a life.</p>