Credits = Hours?

<p>I’ve been on University of Alabama’s website a lot lately and I love how generous they are with AP credits, but when looking at general ed requirements, it looks like they go by hours and not credits? For example, at the business school, they require eight semester hours of natural science courses… is this the same as saying eight credits?</p>

<p>Credits = Hours = Credit Hours = Units (Calif) They’re all the same. </p>

<p>The only difference can be is when the credits/units/hours are for quarters rather than semesters…then there’s a calculation.</p>

<p>Sweet, so just to clarify, if I take AP Physics B and score a 3+, I’ll get 8 hours and fulfill the Natural Science requirement for the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration?</p>

<p>You are correct in that a score of 3 or higher on the AP Physics B Exam will get you 8 credit hours and and satisfy the Natural Science requirement for your degree.</p>

<p>To potentially confuse things even more, a credit hour/hour/credit/unit is 50 minutes of instructional time per week for 16-18 weeks when on the semester system, 10-12 weeks when on the quarter system. UA uses the semester system.</p>

<p>To further confuse…lab credits require more time.</p>

<p>@SEA_tide Haha, your first paragraph made me so happy and then I just got confused. Oh well, I’m just gonna stick to the fact that taking AP Physics B gets me out of science. :slight_smile: I love this system!</p>