Credits Taken as a Visiting Student at another university/college

<p>if my daughter (currently a freshman) takes a class this summer at our local community college to satisfy a core requirement (already approved) does her grade count toward her gpa or is it simply transferred as a pass/fail grade? </p>

<p>the grade transfers. UA calculates a cumlative GPA and an institutional GPA.</p>

<p>Undergraduate classes from colleges/universities in the United States transfer as the letter grade or if graded on a GPA or percentage skill, as the letter equivalent determined by the college/university which taught the course.</p>

<p>Your daughter will need to go on myBama and get a letter of transiency from UA which lists how the course will transfer back to UA.</p>

<p>thank you! is that specific to Alabama because I don’t think it normally works that way.</p>

<p>you are right. i don’t think that is the norm. my daughter who just transferred to a new school this semester gets to start off with a clean slate. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>MikeWozowski, do you still have a student at Alabama?</p>

<p>yes, i do. she is graduating this semester. :smiley: at this point, i think she wishes she wasn’t. she wouldn’t mind staying a little longer.</p>