Creighton Class of 2027

Just thought I’d start a Creighton thread for Class of 2027. My son has been accepted to the Heider School of Business with a Magis Scholarship ($26,000/yr). For the benefit of those looking for stats in the future, his stats were 4.02w, 31 ACT & 7 APs. Normal amount of the “usual” ECs — community service, sports & yearbook editor for 3 years. We haven’t visited yet, so he’ll definitely have to make a trip out there before making a decision.

My daughter was accepted. Journalism major, 23K a year in merit. Her stats are 4.01 W GPA and test optional. I don’t think she’s going to wind up at Creighton, but she did enjoy her visit, it just isn’t the greatest for what she wants to do.

1 Like

Very funny… Steglitz90 and Izzy74, I think I recognize both of your names from the Furman page. My son applied to Creighton as well and is strongly considering it. We’re heading there on Sunday for the admitted students events on Sunday night and Monday. Similar stats… 30 ACT, 4.1 weighted gpa, good community service, strong essay and recommendations, weaker extracurriculars.

1 Like

Funny! I just went in & canceled our trip for this weekend as my son’s HS soccer team made the playoffs & he’s a key starter so he doesn’t want to miss it & hurt his team.

He is going to Furman & Wofford next month – not sure if we will reschedule the Creighton trip as he still has a few more schools to hear from before final visits are scheduled for April.

Let us know how you all liked Creighton!

Congrats to your son and his soccer team! This will be our 3rd trip to Creighton… we like the overall school vibe very much, and the business school is strong, but the urban setting is something we’re still trying to get comfortable with. Very different setting than Furman!

1 Like

Yes! My daughter is keeping Creighton on her list for now but it’s not in her top group of schools. We did really like the school but D23 didn’t love Omaha. I think Creighton’s business school is amazing though, D23 is a communications major but I think for business she would have had a different feeling about it.

It’s funny to think of Creighton and Furman as overlapping but I think for a mid-high GPA student with geographical flexibility, they are both great choices!

2 Likes