Crimson Edge ~ Amazing Success! Graduation 2019!

I have received written permission to share with you this amazing story with this UA group on College Confidential. I did remove his name though. (Alabama’s recruiters also share this story so you may have heard it before.)

As a high school senior, this young man was accepted to UA thru the Crimson Edge program. This program is for students whose stats (GPA or test scores) are borderline for the school. The program offers extra support and mandatory study hours.

At Bama, he soared and is graduating this weekend Summa Cum Laude with his bachelors in Management Information Systems.

Because of his hard work and his graduating with a 4.0 GPA, he gets to wear the red mortarboard (instead of black) at graduation.

He begins his job with Ernst & Young as a Technology Consultant.

Congratulations!!!

Wow! This is a great story to keep in mind when people have a negative response to Alabama’s 25th percentile of ACT scores being in the lower 20’s. I love that Alabama will take a chance on someone and support them to such success.

Thanks for sharing.

Roll Tide!

That’s amazing. Congratulations and best wishes for a bright future for this determined young man.
Roll Tide!

I saw a post on him today as well and it moved me to tears. This is great news for parents of slow starters and those that don’t have their life figured out and their future mapped out at 14 and 15 years old. This young man had the ability and was provided the tools, support, and amazing education to reach meet his potential. I too am so proud that Alabama takes a chance on borderline students and doesn’t close the door to their future at such a young age.

Congratulations to the student! And good luck going forward!

My daughter is applying to bama. Her application status says pending and then crimson edge program. She has not been accepted yet!!! Do you have ideas as to when they send out letters of acceptance for the edge program. She would be super excited to be a part of that program.

Did she ever hear anything? My daughter’s says the same thing. I wasn’t sure if they sort all applicants that don’t meet standard admission into it and deny/admit from there? Or if they designate Crimson Edge for those they are going to end up admitting?