Crimson Scholarship

<p>My son has already received the Presidential Scholarship, but has also applied for the Crimson. Does anyone know when the Crimson Scholarship notifications are sent out? </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Last year, Crimson scholarships were awarded in the spring.</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK! I’m really hoping my son will take a serious look at Alabama. He likes the school, but is having difficulty getting past the 7 hour distance. Fingers crossed!</p>

<p>Hello jcc. If a student is awarded the Crimson scholarship, they will be notified in mid-March when a consolidated scholarship award letter is mailed out. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our scholarship staff at (205) 348-8201 or email them at <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Last spring, a student was notified of getting the Crimson scholarship in May…that may have been a “re-award” (maybe an earlier recipient decided to go elsewhere).</p>

<p>Thank you, Ms. Wyatt. Can we assume that the same time frame applies to departmental scholarships?
I just mapquested the drive, and it’s actually 6.5 hours. (and 3 hours to his favorite grandmother’s!) so maybe it will move a little higher up his list.</p>

<p>What is your son’s major that he selected on his app?</p>

<p>What state are you coming from?</p>

<p>Yes, the departmental scholarships will also be included on that consolidated award letter that will be sent in mid-March. </p>

<p>We hope you will be able to make a trip to visit our campus. You can find more information and schedule a campus visit at [Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit).</p>

<p>He indicated Biology as his major, and we are from Tennessee. He has a 3.87 gpa and a 34 ACT, although he is just barely at the top 10% mark at his school. I’m not certain if he’s competitive, but we can always hope!
We would love to take a trip to visit the campus. We’ll be there at the end of March when he races the Tour de Tuscaloosa, and we may try to tag an official visit onto that trip.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies!</p>

<p>Is that his weighted GPA?</p>

<p>Yes - his school barely weights anything - something like .05. After 4 years of honors and AP classes, his unweighted is 3.75 and his weighted in 3.871. All As in his honors and APs except on B+ in Honors Physics…</p>