Crunch time for families

<p>It is time. No more checking around the internet for rankings, or reading about this or that program. It all comes down to pockets and how deep they are. Out of state or in-state. Does the name of the school matters when someone sits in front of a recruiter, or better yet, gets an appointment with one. Is it worth the extra $60 to 70K in expenses and the distances involved. Do the kids know what debt is and how hard it is to pay it back. All this is coming to a boil this very weekend, decisions, decisions. Good luck to parents facing the same situation.</p>

<p>Exactly why my parents did not even allow me to apply out of state, its not worth it (but it may be for the kid in my class going to Harvard). However lucky for me my dad paid off my college already, but it took years of savings.</p>

<p>In all honesty, if you live in Virginia there is no reason to go out of state. I say go to school of your choice when it comes to grad school whether that is private, in-state or out of state.</p>