<p>GPA (5.0 scale)
Unweighted: 4.5455
Weighted: 5.2273
About half As, half Bs</p>

<p>AP
4 on US History</p>

<p>SATII
740 on US History</p>

<p>High School: Hinsdale Central High School (69th best in nation - Newsweek 2011)
Plenty of honors and AP with exception of Spanish (grades 9-11), English (grades 11-12)
I'm nervous partly because I'm not taking AP Computer Science Topics, but I'm taking AP Computer Science A; not Calc BC but Calc AB. Also, I've gotten mostly Bs in my math classes.</p>

<p>Clubs/Activities:
Violin for 10 years, multiple orchestras, not picked for IMEA, IHSA
Greek School 9 years
NHS member
4 years Chess, 3rd place IHSA state 2 years running
4 years Computer Club
4 years Fencing
2 years Film Club (in since beginning)
Volunteer at hospital around 70 hours
Job as a page at local library</p>

<p>update:
i’ve applied as a cs major at every college/uni
Deferred from: Michigan, UIUC
Accepted to: UW-Madison, Purdue, Case Western, Minnesota, Indiana, Missouri, UIC
Denied from: none
Awaiting: Marquette
I’m thinking either Wisconsin or Purdue if i don’t get any more acceptance letters</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance!</p>

<p>where are you in your decision? my son has also been accepted to Purdue and UW for computer science, and is waiting to hear back from a few other schools. Hard to compare the two options – Madison has the more active/social setting, but Purdue does seem to have the better job placement.</p>

<p>My son has a similar decision. Plans on CS–accepted at Purdue with nice scholarship, Wisconsin and Michigan. I agree Purdue has a nice history of job placement–which should really be a major factor. Yet, he really liked Wisconsin’s campus much better. Visiting Michigan this weekend. Michigan has really good placement as well–so could end up there. Both Wisconsin and Michigan have stellar programs if you go by the ranking stuff–based on graduate school. But Purdue is certainly not that far compared to the other two that it may be immaterial. Tough choice for all. I am sure everyone is blessed with the options. Some people will say go with best fit. Others will say based on the cost given the three schools offer fine programs and in this climate–that is a wise consideration. Both conditions are true and then you throw in the internships and job placement issue–which I think is a major reason. One small thing–if your child changes his mind about the major–then be sure there are plenty of other options for majors–just a thought. Good luck.</p>

<p>another update: I’ve been accepted to UIUC’s Computer Engineering program! (i selected computer science as my primary, computer engineering as my second choice, respectively).</p>