CS requirement

<p>What are the easiest CS courses to fulfill the CS or FL 6 credit requirement? I saw web design, but it was hard to tell which met the requirement.</p>

<p>Bump, anyone?</p>

<p>I don’t know the answer, but here is a link to the classes that are considered (C) and fulfill the C or FL requirement. </p>

<p>[Core</a> Curriculum – General Studies Course Listing | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/general-studies/#tab=tab-5]Core”>http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/general-studies/#tab=tab-5)</p>

<p>I also know that the Web Design class has a prerequisite of CS 102, which does not fulfill the C/FL requirement. D is working on a CS minor and the professor for the CS 250 had emailed her because he was concerned she wanted the other “soft” minor based on her major…Studio Art! LOL! Here is the list of the classes required for that minor, it might help a little?</p>

<p><a href=“http://cs.ua.edu/pdf/Minors_in_Computing.pdf[/url]”>http://cs.ua.edu/pdf/Minors_in_Computing.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Hopefully someone that has more knowledge of the CS department will come along :)</p>

<p>As you can see, there are many classes that fulfill the req’t that are not in the CS dept. It’s probably better that someone who isn’t a CS or eng’g major take a class that is NOT is the CS dept.</p>

<p>Subject Number Class Name Type
AC 289 Computer Applications C
AC 389 Accounting Information Systems, Operation Control C
AEM 314 Aircraft Performance C
AEM 468 Dynamics of Flight C
AEM 474 Structural Dynamics C
CAT 200 Computer Education Applications C
CAT 250 Computer Education: Curriculum Development C
CBH 201 Computer Based Honors C
CE 331 Introductory Structure Engineering C
CE 378 Water Resources Engineering C
CE 401 Civil Engineering Project – Site Development C
CE 402 Construction Engineering Project – Site Development C
CE 403 Civil Engineering Project – Building Design C
CE 404 Construction Engineering Project – Building Design C
CHE 255 Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics C
CHE 305 Separation Processes C
CHE 324 Transport Phenomena C
CS 202 Intro Information Highway C
CS 205 Web Site Design C
CS 250 Programming II C
CS 260 Foundations of Computer Science C
CS 285 Microcomputer Applications II C
CS 302 Computerized Database Systems C
CS 340 Legal & Ethical Issues in Computer Science C
CS 350 Programming III: Java C
CS 351 Programming III: C++ C
CS 357 Data Structures C
CS 360 Data Structures & Algorithms C
CS 385 Prototyping in Visual Environment C
CS 466 Information Systems C
CSE 401 Computers in Secondary Mathematics C
CSE 476 Improving Science Teaching C
CSE 479 Teaching Secondary School English C
CSE 487 Teaching Secondary School Social Science C
CSE 489 Clinical Experience in Secondary Education C
CSM 441 Consumer Communications C
CSM 445 Microcomputer Applications in Consumer Science C
CSM 447 Digital Tools C
CSM 449 Web Design with Front Page C
CSM 458 Personal Financial Planning C
CTD 255 Computer Applications for Interior Design C
CTD 427 Adv Comp. Applications Design C
EC 413 Economic Forecast and Analysis C
ECE 370 Signals and Systems C
ECE 383 Microcomputers C
FI 389 Computerized Management Information Systems C
GY 330 Computerized Mapping and Graphics C
GY 335 Computer Map Applications Business C
GY 420 Remote Sensing I C
GY 430 Introductory Geographic Information Systems C
GY 435 Remote Sensing II C
GY 436 Advanced Geographic Information Systems C
GY 438 Appliation Issues in GIS C
IE 321 Manufacturing Systems C
IE 461 Systems Simulation C
IE 463 Systems Design I C
IE 464 Information Systems Design C
MAP 321 Communication and Collaboration I C
MAP 322 Communication and Collaboration II C
ME 349 Engineering Analysis C
ME 372 Dynamic Systems C
MKT 385 Marketing Information Systems C
MTE 252 Metallurgical Process Calculations C
MTE 353 Physical Metallurgy C
NUR 309 Nursing Informatics C
NUR 319 Nursing Informatics for RNs C
OM 385 Information Technology for Operations Management C
OM 420 Computer Simulation C
ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis C </p>

<p>Is your son still a psych major? Maybe pre-med? if so, then the Stats class would be a good idea since med school like that.</p>

<p>CS202 introduction to the information highway - how hard could that be? Particularly for a kid that took an intro C++ class at 10? I really wanted him to take AP computer as his bro said it was easy & would probably have gotten him out of this requirement, but no the computer teacher bored him, argh. He’s built a couple of websites so web design is an option as well.</p>

<p>I see stats 260 on the list which he has from AP, but I think he needs to use that for his major requirements & if I understand you can’t use classes twice. I wonder why it isn’t listed as satisfying the C requirement on degreeworks, it’s listed as an elective. His major requirement is stats 211, but I think he said they were going to let him use stats 260, but it doesn’t show that either.</p>

<p>Minor choices are more concerning, 7 classes is a lot particularly in something you aren’t totally interested in or good at. At least most of his AP or transferred classes apply to core. They won’t apply his photoessay 9 credits from UCSD. You think it would apply to FA or L core class. At least they applied the A!</p>

<p>*I wonder why it isn’t listed as satisfying the C requirement on degreeworks, it’s listed as an elective. His major requirement is stats 211, but I think he said they were going to let him use stats 260, but it doesn’t show that either.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>We had a somewhat similar situation. The registrar’s office needs to receive something from his major dept saying that they’ll accept that.</p>

<p>However, can he take 211 so that the other one will count for C?</p>

<p>I don’t think that Info Highway class would be hard. Is it 3 credits? That said, the title might sound easy, but maybe it’s more involved than we think.</p>

<p>i’d go for CS 285 (online if possible!) and CS 202. :)</p>

<p>anyone know about CAT 200? looking to help son find another class for Fall…CS 285 is closed and I this CS 202 is alos</p>

<p>he got in CS 285(online :slight_smile: don’t think CS 202 counts toward C requirement</p>