C's Senior year

“You must notify our office if, in your senior year, you receive two or more C grades; you receive any D or F grades; or your class schedule changes”

I got this from a previous post. This is part of the provisional contract for UCLA. Does this mean that I can only get one C senior year and if I get two I might get rescinded?

I interpret this as receiving 2 C’s as final grades in 2 different classes. Most likely they will not rescind you, but may just give you a warning. When UCLA’s has over 100,000 applicants with many very qualified (whom are not accepted), they just want to make sure students are not suffering “senioritis” and think they can blow off the rest of their Senior year by not performing at their best. If in question, contact admission directly.

I believe they still have to maintain a 3.0 GPA. I.E., an “A” offsets a “C” to a 3.0. I am not sure about a C in a weighted course.

@Gumbymom @UCBUSCalum Thank you for your reply! In case I do end up getting two C’s, do I notify them before I accept their offer of admission? (I am not saying that I will get into UCLA for sure, but I just wanna take precautions).

@Gumbymom And are you saying that if I get two C’s in the same course, for example AP Physics, that it will be ok just as long as I don’t get two C’s in different courses like AP Calc and AP PHysics?

The GPA requirement is a cumulative 3.0 for Senior year so I am assuming it is no more than 2C’s as final grades. If you are concerned, notify admissions for the answer.