CSS/FAFSA and Aid

Hi everyone!
Last month, I was admitted to UM under Early Action (congrats if you were too!) and on that same day, there was some financial aid listed on my canelink account. It consisted of a Presidential Scholarship, a work study, and a small loan, totaling about 25k. When I got an email explaining that aid, UM had said that my expected family contribution is 39k. My question is: is this the total amount of aid? When i applied to UM in November, I had only completed the CSS because the FAFSA wasn’t open yet, so I can only assume that this is primary aid based on the CSS, and that I might be able to receive more after they review my FAFSA (which I submitted Jan 30). Does UM send out complete financial aid packages after reviewing the FAFSA? My FAFSA SAR says that my EFC is 19k, so I’m not sure how UM calculated a 39k EFC (which is a pretty big 20k difference). UM is my top school and to think that I won’t be able to go there is pretty tough. Any input will be absolutely appreciated!
Thanks.

Sorry to say but Doubtful that your aid will increase based on the info your FAFSA, The CSS takes into account other assets that the FAFSA does not and therefore will usually equate to a higher EFC. We are in a similar position FAFSA EFC was $43K+, Miami calculated EFC based on our CSS over $50K, therefore they only offered work study and unsub. loan.