CSU Fullerton Official Thread Class of 2027

Starting the 2023 decisions thread!

My son’s good friend was accepted today for Business Administration - so here we go :slight_smile:

My son applied for Computer Science - so we’ll just take a seat and wait. :smiley:

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted today for Mechanical Engineering. She was surprised that decision came out this early.

My daughter was accepted today for Biological Sciences.

Are emails being sent out or are they just being posted on the portal?

1 Like

My daughter did not receive an email. She just happened to check the portal this evening.

1 Like

Thanks, and congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

My daughter received email around 9:45am this morning.

Got in for Poli Sci!

How are you guys checking? Was an email sent to your personal email or was it in the portal? The csuf portal is so confusing to me as I don’t see a “to do list” or anything of the sort:/

Admitted Computer Science
OOS WA
CSU GPA 4.08
27 years a-g

Checked portal, haven’t received email yet

2 Likes

My daughter received a Congrats email. But in the portal click on the Home button under default apps then just the left of that click on Student Homepage. From the student homepage you can select admissions.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Son accepted today for Geography (Environmental Analysis).
CSU GPA: 4.27
Uncapped GPA: 4.5
13 AP/Honors courses

My daughter is getting her Masters in Social Work there right now and having a great experience at CSUF. Son also already accepted to SDSU for Environmental Science. Not sure where he will land. We are in OC.

2 Likes

I will go do that! Thank you & congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

My son got in for Mechanical Engineering. We are surprised that the decision came out this early. We are so happy for the first CSU he got accepted on our list. Good luck!

1 Like

Son received acceptance email on 1/30/23 for Bus/Mktg. 3.5 GPA, CA but not local.

Daughter just received an email. Accepted for Communications, non local, 3.5 GPA.

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised!!!

• Accepted: CS
  • Instate (NorCal)
    -National Merit Semi-finalist
    -SAT 1540
    -Academic GPA: 4.1 (W) / 3.6 (UW)
    -CSU Weighted capped GPA: 3.92
    -9 APs (including Comp Sci A, Physics 1 and 2, Calc AB and BC)
    -4 year PLTW Engineering pathway
    -Strong ECs including varsity sport, participation on county student advisory group for mental health, Founding President of Psych club at school, PT job as tutor etc
2 Likes

Our admissions letter does say “conditional”. I assume this to mean the usual has to maintain grades, submit final transcript etc. Does anyone know whether CS admit is a direct admit or is it implied that this would be Pre-major?

Conditional means you need to complete all Senior classes listed on your application with a C or higher, graduate from your HS and submit your final HS transcripts and test scores if applicable (AP/IB and SAT/ACT).

The CS program is a direct admit.

1 Like