CSU to UC transfer?

<p>Is it hard to transfer from a CSU to a UC?</p>

<p>its next to impossible...community college students have to advantage in UC transfer admissions...you can probably transfer to Riverside of Santa Cruz, but that's about it...</p>

<p>ive been really worried about this because my boyfriend wants to go to a CSU with the impression that he can transfer... what is the best csu?</p>

<p>best 5 Cal States:</p>

<p>Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Cal Poly Pomona
San Diego State
Cal State Long Beach
Cal State Fullerton</p>

<p>Well, it is possible to transfer from a CSU, but if that is someone's goal, they are certainly taking the more difficult path. For transferring to a UC, community college can't be beat. Generally, the priorities transfer students get from UCs look like this:</p>

<p>Community college students > Other UC students > Other 4-year college/university students</p>

<p>Transferring from a CSU is significantly harder than transferring from a community college.</p>

<p><a href="http://universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/transfer/tr_select_criteria.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/transfer/tr_select_criteria.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>although it doesn't breakdown the UC/other colleges, but it does give u an idea about how much comm college gets an advantage</p>

<p>I am a current CSU East Bay student. I just finished my sophomore year there, with a 4.0 GPA. My extracurricular activities include being in several clubs (Global Medical and Dental Brigades, Math and Science Service Learning Club, Philosophy Society, Pre-Health Academic Association, Pilipino American Student Association, Catholic Club, Young Democrats Organization), as well as being in the Sigma, Sigma, Sigma sorority.</p>

<p>In addition, I was a strong high school student, with AP scores in Biology (4), English Language and Composition (4), English Literature and Composition (3), and Psychology (5). I also have ACT/SAT scores and SAT-II subject scores in 5 subjects. </p>

<p>I would love to transfer to a UC, although I know it would be difficult, as CSU to UC transfers have the least priority. The UCs I would like to transfer to are (in order of preferance) UC San Diego, UC Santa Cruz, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Davis, although I am not opposed to UC Merced or UC Riverside.</p>

<p>After my high school graduation, I was admitted to UC Santa Cruz, but was rescinded because of a D in my Calculus class… yea, math isn’t my subject. :P</p>

<p>But anyway, I want to be a bio major, and hopefully double major with psychology.</p>

<p>How high are my chances to transferring to a UC?</p>

<p>^It depends on how many of your units are transferable to the UC’s…which is something you should call each UC and ask about.</p>