CSULB … possibly ending senior year with a D/F in AP Calculus

I have a weighted GPA 4.0+. I’ve also completed 9 general education courses with straight As at CC. I’m in my senior year and I’m struggling with the material in AP Calculus this semester. I’ve taken and done well in 5.5 math classes (algebra one, geometry, algebra, two, statistics, pre-calculus, and the first semester of calculus). I applied to CSULB for fall and was granted provisional admission for pre-business administration. Is it likely my admission will be rescinded if I get a D or F in this semester of calculus?

1 Like

Yes, it is possible to be rescinded for any grade less than a C.

Here is the CSULB Provisional admission requirements:

• Completion of all senior year courses with a grade of C or higher.
  • Completion of all CSU A-G subject requirements with a grade of C or higher by the end of the Spring semester prior to enrollment.
  • Graduate from High School by the end of the Spring semester prior to your enrollment.

Failure to meet these conditions will result in the rescission of the admission offer.

I wonder if that’s also the case for local college promise students.

It could be different so it would be best to contact admissions and ask.

1 Like

I found this information, but I’ll also be speaking with someone at the University. Thank you.

1 Like

Local priority means locally identified applicants get priority in the admission process if academically eligible. You have been admitted so I would think that you are subject to the provisional admission requirements like all local and non-local students. Please update once you talk to the University.

1 Like

Yes, local students have to meet the minimum requirements to be admitted. If they don’t meet the minimum requirements for the major they are selecting they are still granted admission, but undeclared so they can explore possibilities. The University makes it clear that being admitted undeclared isn’t a pathway to the major they originally wanted.

My high school senior was granted admission into the major he chose. So, as long as he graduates high school, there should be no issue. I have three other children that have attended/are attending CSULB as well.

1 Like

I wanted to add, they don’t usually rescind admission to the local students once it’s granted because locals can get in with a 3.0 and only take the minimum a-g courses and still be granted admission (by meeting the minimum requirement). So if a local student does far well above and beyond, and gets a D or F in a rigorous AP class after successfully completing 24+ a-g and maintaining a high GPA from what others have said, they were granted admission, regardless.

I’ll keep you all posted though.

1 Like