CU Boulder Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University of Colorado Boulder offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at CU Boulder is November 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by February 1. For more information visit the University of Colorado Boulder page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other CU Boulder applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of Colorado Boulder? Why CU Boulder? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other CU Boulder topics visit the university-of-colorado-boulder tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about CU Boulder Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Anxiously awaiting news from Boulder - in past years, rolling acceptances have gone out in December - anyone have any data? Thank you!

I thought the decision date “by Feb. 1st”. I guess that means it could be anytime before Feb. 1st, but I was not expecting my son would be hearing any time soon. I hope I am wrong!

2 Likes

Looking at last two years of threads, I don’t see any December decisions. Two years ago, people reported acceptances on Jan 10 and last year on Jan 22.

3 Likes

February 1st seems like a really long time to wait. Hoping to get a response sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Yes, I hope I am wrong! Sounds like decisions have come out in mid-January in recent years. But I am not counting on December.

1 Like

They have around 82% acceptance rate. So good chances for acceptance.
Good luck all.
I believe decisions will not be out before January

My son is a junior at CU and got his acceptance in the middle of January 2019. We’re hoping it’ll be around the same time this year as our youngest is waiting for her decision.

2 Likes

Anyone receive an invitation to apply for the Presidents Leadership Class? Is this open to everyone? Thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds promising! Do you have strong leadership in your ECs? Are you OOS?

@ChezCurie - Ah, not us. My son’s classmate - they both applied but we have not received. Thus my inquiry. I know she’s a club leader and is OOS. Maybe that’s it.

2 Likes

Soooo, when will decisions start rolling out?!

2 Likes

We are wondering the same thing.

2 Likes

It was in my daughter’s scholarship application portal as “suggested” but she isn’t applying. It says the take 50 out of about 800 applications, with 160 from instate and 20 from out of state to interview to make up the 50. This appears to be separate from the Presidential Scholarship (it appears there is a standard Presidential Scholarship for OOS and then PLC scholarship and application)

1 Like

agree - I wasn’t sure if it was late or mid Jan or what “before 2/1” means, but with the fire and being online for the 1st two weeks of the semester I expect it will be closer to 2/1

1 Like

S22 received an email yesterday saying EA decisions will come out closer to Feb. 1.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update

I did not get that email

1 Like

did you ask about admissions or did this email come automatically

1 Like