CU Boulder Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Check the bottom
Of the letter to see if there are other links

Ok, thanks. I guess he has to live in a specific residential hall too. I lived in Boulder for five years, but will be hard to justify

Accepted. College of media, communication and information. With some merit money, not a lot compared to Indiana and Oregon.

3.89 UW
No test scores
2 APs a year 10, 11, 12
Advanced math and language track
Loads of leadership and 2 years of board positions in local and national teen youth group.

We live in Washington State.

4 Likes

It certainly was a strange decision. I can’t make sense of their process but in some ways this simplifies the decision. My S22S loved Boulder but I didn’t, and now we have a plausible reason to move on.

2 Likes

OOS S22 accepted
4.0 unweighted
CS/Engineering
Presidential scholarship (55k over 4 years)

4 Likes

OOS applied CS, but accepted into exploratory studies

was there a second choice major in the application? seems to me that is the reason for so many people getting ES.

2 Likes

No. There was no second major. Basically it was CS or bust. Bust it turned out to be.

My problem with the decision is the 25k scholarship. Luckily S22 has other CS admits on hand so in hindsight this is a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

@Bretton_Wilson - We zero’d in on “Prospective first-year and transfer students are automatically awarded scholarships based on the strength of their admissions application. If you are an incoming first-year student, notification of scholarship selection will be included in your admission offer packet.” But now I see on the Application Status Checker, the box on the right about scholarships - " CU Boulder Scholarship Application - Apply now for scholarships through the CU Boulder Scholarship Application. Most scholarship applications are due between February 15 and March 25. Maybe we should have done it sooner
hope it does not count against us.

2 Likes

We’re in NJ. Boulder is my wife’s all time favorite. She was admitted to its Ph.D. program many years ago, but ended up going to a different school (a decision she always regrets). Not sure if my son will choose Boulder, because, well, apparently, my DS favors the other school that he was accepted through single-choice EA. NJ, so you know which school I’m talking about. :wink:

Going to be a battle between my DS and DW. I will watch.

2 Likes

@jennlgamble - same as us, OOS, same program
nothing. Did you do the supplemental scholarships on the right side of the application status check page? We did not but it sounds like there is still time to submit.

I was a bit hopeful given their statement on the Automatic Scholarship Consideration Page - “Prospective first-year and transfer students are automatically awarded scholarships based on the strength of their admissions application. If you are an incoming first-year student, notification of scholarship selection will be included in your admission offer packet.”

1 Like

I know if strong enough for scholarship why not strong enough for the major? My DD got major but no money. With a strong resume and grades but TO and getting money other places that are also competitive. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Remember that only 22% of students admitted to Boulder actually attend so your kiddo may get a scholarship a bit later!

3 Likes

OK, not to be weird but I need advice. My kid got accepted to Pre-business, so what should we say?

@SwimMI yes she did already sent in
. And envd is a smaller program to get direct admit means higher stats in general especially with the number of ES admitted and getting money

1 Like

Why do you think that is?

This was on the CU Boulder parents page last year. Helped me understand the process of ES etc. Hope it helps!

5 Likes

I don’t know if we can wait until April to decide. We are in Alabama and SEC schools we are picking dorms in March. She needs to pick a roommate, etc if going elsewhere

Plus many schools don’t repool unused money, does Boulder?

1 Like

Because they want to attract bright students!

2 Likes

DS Accepted Direct to Leeds Business School.
OOS/3.73 UW GPA (numerous AP, honors classes & extracurriculars, job, etc)/school doesn’t do weighted GPA.

CU was his top choice last year but I think Kelley at Indiana is now #1.
Still waiting on a few
we’ll see.

Congrats all! Enjoy the weekend!

2 Likes