Cuny assessment test calculator?

<p>Hi I need to take the math 3 placement test, I know they said they provide you with a Microsoft calculator but I’m not sure what it exactly is? Anyone knows?</p>

<p>Anyone? :|</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard, the test is computer based so the Microsoft calculator being referred to is the stock Windows calculator.</p>

<p>Wait. I never got contacted to take the assessment test. Does everyone who get accepted have to take it? or ones who got offered?</p>

<p>Don’t confuse the CUNY assessment test with a college’s math placement test. </p>

<p>I believe the assessment test is used by a CUNY school to, well, assess a students mastery in English and Math. It’s typical done for admissions purposes, if the applicant has no standardized testing scores to evaluate.</p>

<p>The placement test is done by freshmen to determine which math courses (Math 101, Math 125, Math 150) they can take.</p>

<p>Yeah I meant the math placement exam for baruch…</p>

<p>I’d guess they’d ask you to take it and it would be based on what you’re studying that semester.</p>

<p>I just realized on the paper i got says that ALL freshmens are to take the CUNY assessment and the compass mathematics placement test… and that if you didnt get a ticket to go take the exam, i should call asap. The thing is, I don’t plan on going to Baruch…</p>

<p>If that’s the case then, disregard it. You didn’t enroll at Baruch so you’re not a freshman with them</p>

<p>I took the test already.
The calculator is a on-screen calculator.
I will warn you right now, it is pretty much useless and is a nuisance.
You will need to do your work on paper.</p>