CUNY Assessment Test

Hello, I have gotten a letter from Baruch College informing me of my scheduled examination (CAT). I am to take the CAT in mathematics, my question is does this mean that if I pass the exam, I am accepted into Baruch? I am very confused, the letter does not say much. Thank you.

33 views and no one wants to answer? you all suck!!

I took my cuny math assessment test at qc a few weeks ago. This test is to see if you qualify for honors math placement classes for your freshman year if you choose to go to a cuny.

@tamurai I think you took the placement test, I have to take that and take the assessment test. What happens if I fail it?

@Chococatxp I thought those two were the same things? The test is called “CUNY Assessment Test,” and part of the description says “the examination is used to determine appropriate placement into mathematics and mathematics-related courses.”

@pancakey Only Math 3 is for placement, while Math 1 and Math 2 (which I already took) are for people who did poorly on the SAT math, and they have to take it in order to go to a 4-year CUNY.