Cuny Baruch V.S Suny Binghamton

<p>In regards to business, which is the better option? Although Bing has a great reputation overall, Baruch's business school is well known and it's location is optimal. </p>

<p>I graduated from Nassau Community College in the Honors program with my associates. Now, I am currently a transfer student at Baruch in the middle of the Fall 2014 semester (but have had quite the number of irritating issues taken place here). I applied to Binghamton for the Spring 2015 semester and directly to SOM. However, I am not even sure if I will get in. My cumulative GPA from Nassau was a 3.78, however I took two out of the four prerequisites for SOM and Nassau and got a C and a C+ (unfortunately my only two grades that were that low on my transcript). My transcript also documents "Deans List" and "Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society"</p>

<p>If I do get in, I am not sure if I should stick it out at Baruch or just transfer to Binghamton.</p>

<p>Any advice/opinions could help! I am quite conflicted! </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>If you get into Binghamton SOM I recommend going there. However, if you are offered a spot at Harpur college I would NOT take it. Harpur is a liberal arts school and you cannot take a single business class if you go there. It is also absurdly difficult to transfer into SOM. In that case I would stay at Baruch. Despite some of the CUNY issues it’s a really good school for business.</p>

<p>Sparkles12, I thought you could take business courses if you are in Harput but you can’t major in business. Is this not correct?</p>

<p>Sort of. You can major in financial economics and they let you take I believe 2 SoM classes. That’s basically it. They don’t let harpur students in SoM because the school has limited resources and a limited number of competitive spots. </p>

<p>Sprinkles12, I agree about only going if I get into SOM. However, I just don’t want to regret leaving Baruch because it is so well known for it’s business school, and the location is perfect. </p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>If you like Baruch and if it has the program you want, why would you leave?</p>

<p>lostaccount, I do not like Baruch at all actually. In fact I am miserable there. I would only regret leaving because of it’s great reputation for the business school and the location being in NYC. </p>

<p>Then find other schools with great reputations for their business school and transfer.</p>

<p>lol that is why I have been discussing Binghamton in this post. I just found out that I was accepted.</p>

<p>Congrats on the acceptance!! Definitely a fine option.</p>