Curious on my chances of getting in

When did you apply? sent in my Application November 20
When did you get your UIN? november 27
when did you receive your admissions decision? I have not yet
Major/College of Choice? BS of science in Nutrition
Class Rank? 6/46
SAT? 640 reading and writing 580 math. Composite 1220
I have 300+ service hours

I realize that I am super late on my application being sent in so I’m pretty sure that I won’t get in.

@rrxtstringer Your ranking is great, but the SAT score is below average for TAMU. Well done on the service hours. That’s really impressive and you should be proud of that. Are there are ECs/LOR that you didn’t list above? Those make up 50% of the decision (along with the essay). The rank and test score makes up the other half. Please keep us posted! Good luck!

@rrxtstringer When you applied does not have a bearing on your admission decision.

LOR = Letter of Recommendation??

What is considered a strong LOR?

I’ve been lurking, obviously. LOL

Lol a strong Letter of Rec to me means one that is written by someone who knows you well and can attest to your strengths and how you will be an asset to Tamu. It could also mean someone high up at Tamu writing one for you. Board of regents, chancellors etc. but obviously there aren’t many of those.

@AggieMomhelp letter for my son from my cousin, class of 72/corp, CEO, billion dollar building contracts across texas, has been a big influence in son’s decision to attend a&m and pursue construction science degree. he included strengths and asset in letter. sounds like a winner! : ) thanks for your help!