Current Junior at Purdue- Any Questions about Purdue?

<p>No problem, I am glad I was able to help!</p>

<p>^Since you’re at Purdue, wouldn’t you by any chances want to meet though who got accepted and attending from here?</p>

<p>I’d probably be hesitant to meet someone from this website on actual campus. The only reason for that is I have no idea who you are lol. The only way I would meet someone on this website on actual campus is if we have been talking for awhile and I am pretty confident what kind of person they are.</p>

<p>Lol. At least you answered.</p>

<p>Thanks - appreciate your help and recommendation.</p>

<p>This might be one of the stupidest questions you’ve ever heard… but are the dorms really well-heated? The reason I ask is, my parents are divorced (seems irrelevant, don’t stop reading LOL). At my dad’s house, even when the heat’s on, I’m always FREEZING. However, in my mom’s apartment, the heat is always blasting, so much so that you need to open a window or turn on the fan to cool down. I actually have Purdue’s location on my iPod to get an idea of the weather in case I decide to go, and this morning I saw it was like eight degrees and I was like “Whaaaaat?!” I hate cold weather LOL. So, I would hope to have a heated dorm…</p>

<p>Also… do the dorms have roaches? Or any case of bed bugs? Coming from an apartment with roaches and a high school of 4000 kids with roaches, I would imagine they’re common :c As for bed bugs, well… lots of kids there. Dorms are like hotels you stay at for a looooong time…</p>

<p>Uh, I don’t want to take junior place here but about your bedbugs problems. I think the rooms are cleaned and literally strip down when people move out during the summer. So I can only imagine the people who never clean their room with a 3 month old pizza and unwashed bedsheet would have that problem… Not answering but just my thought.</p>

<p>That’s no problem Descuff. The rooms won’t have any roaches or anything haha. The only problem we had was the damn dust. I remember my roommate and I always had the windows open during the warm days. The heating is actually very well at Purdue dorms. At Shreve they had radiators in each room and you could control how much heat you wanted. The only issue is even at the lowest setting, there is some heating coming. They usually turn the heat on sometime around late October I believe. You’ll have your occasional warm day and night and since the heat is turned on it can get pretty hot in there.</p>

<p>Ah, okay. Thanks! :)</p>

<p>bjunior92, is it possible for me to transfer to Engineering from Food science(I’ve already admitted in Food Science, btw)?</p>

<p>Sorry for the delay in responding! Semester is starting back up again tomorrow and I’ve been busy the past couple days getting ready for it. </p>

<p>To answer your question, it is definitely possible. The first thing I would do is to speak to your adviser about it, since he or she will know exactly what you need to do to get into Engineering. I do know you’re going have to go through the process of CODOing into Engineering. This website will explain some of the procedures on how to CODO from food science to engineering [Purdue</a> University: Undergraduate Studies Program: CODO: CODO Procedures](<a href=“http://www.purdue.edu/usp/codo/procedures.shtml]Purdue”>http://www.purdue.edu/usp/codo/procedures.shtml). I’m pretty sure though you have to attend a required meeting that takes place beginning of the semester and you go from there. </p>

<p>Like I said, talk to your adviser, he or she will know what to do. I would send an email to your adviser right now actually and get the ball rolling. That way you should be able to take FYE class and the regular intro classes all freshman have to take.</p>

<p>bjunior92, </p>

<p>In a thread upstream (post #34) you said:
“Just be prepared to work hard. Just a heads up these classes are more tough than some other business classes at purdue: managerial accounting (VERY DIFFICULT), managerial economics (VERY DIFFICULT), corporate finance, operations management, and business law.”</p>

<p>By any chance, do you know the difficulty level for MGMT 45500? The class is titled Legal Background for Business I. </p>

<p>This is the class description:
Credit Hours: 3.00. The nature and place of law in our society, national and international, social and moral bases of law enactment, regulation of business, legal liability, and enforcement procedures. Special emphasis on torts, contracts, and agency. No credit to students in the School of Management. </p>

<p>I am a Engineering major with a minor in Management and already have a difficult schedule. Your comment above made me take pause. I don’t want to get over my head. I have had absolutely no classes in law.</p>

<p>I would appreciate any input you can give me.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>This is a completely random thought/aside, but that last sentence, “No credit to students in the school of management” really made my sad. xD This seems like I class that I would absolutely love to take, but… the whole no credit thing puts a damper on that.</p>

<p>Anyway, continue on with conversation. I just want to feel in the loop :3</p>

<p>Pitt13, don’t be too sad…</p>

<p>If you’re a Management major, you will take MGMT 35400 / Legal Foundations of Business I for 3.0 credits. It’s the “same” class and, I believe, is one of the required upper division courses.</p>

<p>bjunior92 would probably know for sure.</p>

<p>Great question guys! I’m actually in MGMT354 right now. 354 is reserved for management students and its a more intense than 455. My teacher is actually a judge at the county court house here. He’s very funny but also the toughest teacher for this class. He doesn’t curve the class one bit and his exams are almost all true/false with a few MC’s. His notes are good though. There is a lot (useful) information to learn so it’s an interesting class.</p>

<p>My friend is in 455 right now and his class seems easier than mine. They are pretty much the same course, however, and you will receive credit for it (455, not sure about 354). If 455 is full though and you really want to take this class then 354 is an option as long as everyone who needs to take 354 has signed up for it but you’ll need an override from your counselor.</p>

<p>If you’re worried about the difficulty, don’t be. It’ll be a lot easier than your engineering courses, I can guarantee that. I would recommend taking 455 if you’re not a krannert student. It’s a great course and you’ll learn a lot from it.</p>

<p>Which dorm rooms would you recommend? I don’t care about Air Conditioning but Cary is off my list.</p>

<p>I apologize for the very late response but I think I answered this question already! I’ll basically copy what I just said but if you have more specific questions about the dorms I’m about to mention just ask and I will gladly try to tell you more about them!</p>

<p>"I’m not sure if price is an issue but that being said, I would recommend Earhart, Shreve, McHarrison or McCutcheon. They are close to each other and to Purdue Village, which has a couple restaurants and a bookstore. Earhart has its own dining court which is pretty nice. I’ve been in every dorm at Purdue and can honestly say those are your best choices, excluding Hillenbrand. I’m not 100% sure but I think Hillenbrand is just for sophomores and up, but if it’s not definitely try to get in there. The rooms in there are quite large and you have a dining court right below. The only bad side about living in these dorms are that the libraries are really far. Each dorm has its study lounge but some times those are packed during finals. </p>

<p>In regards to Cary Quad, I would highly discourage living there because the rooms are horrible. If you get a loft, which you’re going to have to unless you have no stuff to put in your room, your bed is going to be just a feet or so below the ceiling. The Suites in Cary Quad are much much better but those are difficult to obtain. The only good thing about Cary is that Ross Ade stadium is right in your backyard and Mackey is really close as well.</p>

<p>Meredith, Tarkington, Owen and Wiley are all OK dorms. I may be wrong because Purdue does a lot of renovations throughout the year, but I think none of those dorms have air conditioning. Meredith might but not positive. The locations for those are nice though. The newly renovated Rec center is right across the street from them. Cary is the only dorm that is a little far from the Rec center. "</p>

<p>Hope I was able to help a little, descuff!</p>

<p>^oh my laziness Lol.</p>

<p>Well not really I’m sort of still stuck in a dilemma. Sherve isn’t an option as it is for honors apparently. I’m thinking Owen as my first choice.</p>

<p>Oh wow, I did not know Shreve is an honors dorm now. I have never been in Owen but I’ve heard it’s nice. Have you taken a tour of all the dorms? If you haven’t I would recommend making a trip to Purdue one day and seeing which dorm you like the most!</p>

<p>I am an incoming Freshman to Purdue and was wondering what the website was to find a roommate? Not sure if I want to do a potluck or not!</p>