Current Junior at Purdue- Any Questions about Purdue?

<p>@Purdue do you have your Purdue account set up. The instructions should had came with the account.</p>

<p>Descuff: I had friends who were not yet accepted into the FYE program, still could take ENGR 131, but not allowed to take ENGR 132. </p>

<p>To CODO you need to attend some seminar once and meet with an adviser and talk about it and get forms signed (one of my friends tried to CODO).</p>

<p>We don’t have to do the Record, right?</p>

<p>And anyone know anything about HORIZONS?</p>

<p>The letter for the record seem to imply that it is optional. You don’t have to do it. But my question is what and how exactly does it do for me?</p>

<p>If I codo to engineering can I take engineering classes?can I graduate 4 years?</p>

<p>^yes and yes. It have been discussed on here before. There are limit to classes you can take but you can change degree and not miss most of the credit for first year engineering.</p>

<p>I got an e-mail saying they revised my financial aid, when nothing’s changed. Should I be worried? I rejected all the loans they offered me…</p>

<p>Brina: If you’re sure that nothing’s changed and everything is how you want it to be on MyPurdue, you’re probably fine. If you’re paranoid, just contact the Bursar and they would be able to make sure you understand what has happened.</p>

<p>My guess is the revision is that you will not be accepting your loans. Since you chose not to accept the loan portion of the financial aid they are changing it. Contact them to be sure.</p>

<p>@Seirsly: I’m positive… I have the originally financial aid sheet they e-mailed me and everything’s the same (though I did get a message saying that if I change my mind, I can still get one of the loans back.) I e-mailed them though. What I think is also strange is that my enrollment status is unknown (when I paid my deposit) and that for housing it says Campus Housing when I never applied for campus housing…</p>

<p>@Ivvcsf: So they’re changing the scholarship/grant amount because I rejected the loans? My family might kill me…</p>

<p>So I can get into the major in the third semester?(for example: Chemical Engineering)</p>

<p>No, they are not changing the scholarship amount, they are changing your financial aid package. It will include all the scholarships you have been offered, it will just not show the the loans you have not chosen to take as part of your financial aid package. If it’s like my D’s your original FA package showed any scholarships, grants etc that you were eligible for and loans. My guess is your new package will show the scholarships and grants but no loans as you declined them. Using an arbitrary example lets say COA us $25000. The original FA package would read something like</p>

<p>Grants Accepted 1000
Scholarship Accepted 10000</p>

<p>Total 11000</p>

<p>Net 14000</p>

<p>Work Study 2000
Fed Sub 1500
Fed Unsub 4000</p>

<p>Total Package 18500
Family Contribution 6500</p>

<p>Your new package would read:</p>

<p>COA 25000</p>

<p>Grants 1000
Scholarships 10000</p>

<p>Total 12000</p>

<p>Work Study Accepted 2000</p>

<p>Total Package 13000</p>

<p>Family Contribution 12000</p>

<p>As I said this is an arbitrary example but that is what I am guessing it will look like.</p>

<p>I am not a financial aid expert but this would make sense to me and would not be a problem.</p>

<p>I hope everything works out brinazarski! And I highly doubt that they’ll charge you for the scholarships… ever. Because that’s not what a scholarship is. xD</p>

<p>michaelutomo: Assuming you have a good enough EAI (Engineering A<em>somethingsomething</em> Index) and CODO in before the second semester, yes. You might be able to CODO in before third semester and be ok too. The reason I say this is because ENGR 132 is not available for people outside of FYE.</p>

<p>@Seirsly: So when I take the ENGR 132 class?@the second or third semester?</p>

<p>If you’re already in FYE, you’ll take ENGR132 your second semester of college. If you’re not, you take it whenever you get accepted into FYE. From there, if your EAI is a 2.7 or above, you’ll be admitted into chemical engineering.</p>

<p>I don’t know if you have an answer for this question? But if a parent went to Purdue, do you have a better chance of getting in? Are there a lot of 2nd, 3rd, etc. generation students?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>There is probably an ever so slight advantage to legacy, but not anything major. Both of my parents went to Purdue, and I even mentioned that in my essay. Now, was legacy a deciding factor in my admission? I don’t think so. For others? maybe.</p>

<p>@Fr being a first in your family to go to college is also an advantage so I don’t think it matter much.</p>

<p>@ frbt52</p>

<p>Purdue does not give extra weight to legacy for admission purposes.</p>

<p>From Admissions:
While we love to have legacy students on our campus, it does not play a role in our decision making process when reviewing applications for admission. We review applications holistically and consider the following factors: [Purdue</a> University :: Freshman Admission Criteria](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply/criteriafreshmen.php]Purdue”>Freshman Admission Criteria - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University).</p>

<p>I’m trying to make airline and hotel reservations, but am not quite sure if my daughter will definitely be able to move into the dorms on Saturday, August 10th. She is registered for BGR, but the the web site implies that some kids don’t get to move in until Sunday, August 11th. It also says that the scheduled move in time will be included with the mailed BGR registration material, but it doesn’t say WHEN that material will arrive. She will be in the Honors College so should be assigned to Shreve Hall. She got her housing contract/payment and her BGR registration/payment all in on time. </p>

<p>Bottom line: Will she definitely get a Saturday move-in date? The earliest time is 9:00 am, but when is the latest move-in time? (for Saturday and Sunday). Can you shred a little light on how the move-in process works and when we will see that promised BGR packet? Thanks.</p>