Current Mays Business Honors Students???

<p>If you have any experience with the program, I'd love to hear what you liked/disliked about it, and about A&M in general! I was just accepted and am trying to make a decision.</p>

<p>One of mine is a BHP student. He is very happy with his choice. They get treated very well, and have their own advisor who is extremely helpful. There is a nice mix of people in the group - all have excellent academic records but it’s the other things that they all do that makes them interesting. For him the requirements are fairly easy to comply with - keeping a 3.5, taking honors courses and going to special events. Group projects he has mentioned as being very different, in that everyone in your group has always been the group leader/primary contributor. Honestly some kids are burned out by the time they get to college, and others are hitting their stride - so it works fine. We do know a couple of older students that dropped the program - their major issue was just time management & keeping their grades high enough. A 3.5 is high at this school, you do have to be willing to work at it. I guess that was the one change, he does have to study to earn his grades. As a side note, honors classes have much higher proportions of A’s & B’s than their counterpart normal level courses. He also has friends both in and out of the program, so you’re not limited to just that group. It’s a very unique school, if you like traditions, school spirit,passionate & dedicated alumni as well as lots of opportunities to participate, it is a great place. </p>

<p>Thanks, agmom! That’s good to hear. I’m also curious about the different trips to company headquarters and such - are these funded by the school since they are development events, or do the students have to pay extra to participate?</p>

<p>Oh, and do you happen to know how selection for business honors affects merit scholarship chances? I saw that there are quite a few specifically for students in the program, but couldn’t find out how many receive such scholarships or if it’s common/possible to receive more than one.</p>

<p>Yes, many of the BHP students have multiple scholarships - which makes sense since many of these students have amazing stats plus have been active & successful in something else. IMO, yes it does increase your chances for the Mays sponsored scholarships. Regarding the trips - some are included, some are additional. You do get quite a few opportunities to meet & greet many executives on campus as well.</p>

<p>Thanks so much! I really appreciate the info</p>