Current NSC Session

<p>What do you guys think? The first 3 "mandatory sessions" were somewhat worth it.. but as transfers, we really already know this. I'm sure tons benefited, especially parents. I learned a few things too I guess. Advising was pretty boring, but the guy I talked to was very helpful. I was having a bit of anxiety about my major and told him I wasn't 100% sure if this was exactly what I wanted to do. He told me, "just take some courses this semester in this major, and change out of it later if you don't like it". Didn't say anything about, "Oh, Texas A&M will NOT let you change your major, you're stuck here". So that was comforting. </p>

<p>Just thought i'd share.</p>

<p>I’m taking the 2nd nsc, but glad to hear that doesn’t sound too hard to change majors, cause I’m not sure if i want to stay in my current major</p>

<p>itscole - I’m attending the session that starts tomorrow. Have they talked about the parking passes for the semester? I figure they will but want to double check. The TAMU website for parking confuses me a little bit lol</p>

<p>in none of the mandatory meetings did they go in depth about parking passes… they said, “you can get a parking pass. if you don’t have one, there is no longer free parking on campus”. Really all the REQUIRED sessions were just common knowledge. One thing to be aware of is that Texas A&M has a flat rate on tuition. If you take 12-18 hours, they charge you for 15 hours.</p>

<p>you can buy parking stuff at the koldus building across from the MSC though</p>

<p>Sounds good. I was trying to buy a permit on the Howdy portal but it’s quite confusing where you can actually park with the different permits. How was the conference overall? Anything exciting or just going with the flow?</p>

<p>You meet a lot of people but the only good part was registering for classes. The mandatory sessions don’t take role…until the later time when you go to your specific college meeting area.</p>

<p>Howdy camp is where all the fun is, from what I heard.</p>

<p>itscole = Where you able to register for all of the classes that you wanted to? The advisor in econ pretty much told us if what we wanted wasn’t open that we were pretty much SOL. I thought they would open up a few more spots in each of the classes but it seems like right now only 2 of the classes that I need to take are open…</p>

<p>I went to howdy camp and would hardly recommend any applicant to go, it’s fun, you meet new people and when your NSC arrives you know many familiar faces</p>

<p>I got everything I wanted because I was honest with my advisor about changing majors. All worked out for me.</p>