Current Pres. of Texas Tech interviewing for UA Pres

<p><a href=“Texas Tech President Guy Bailey to interview next week for University of Alabama presidency position - al.com”>Texas Tech President Guy Bailey to interview next week for University of Alabama presidency position - al.com</a></p>

<p>Sounds like the interview is just a formality and it’s basically a done deal. If he turns out to be even half the President that Witt was then we’ll have made a great choice.</p>

<p>Boy Howdy!!!</p>

<p>Sounds like it is more than just students from Texas that are loving the Crimson Tide!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide, Roll.</p>

<p>BTW, I asked some people I know at UMKC (his previous job before TTU), and they were rather positive towards him- he seems like a good pick for Alabama.</p>

<p>My husband worked at UMKC during Guy’s tenure there. He was totally railroaded out of there under terrible conditions (UMKC is a snake infested cesspool, IMHO). We always thought highly of him. Bama will be a much larger school than he has run before, but it should be interesting.</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>Yep- don’t get me started on Kris Kobach, haha…</p>

<p>Texas Tech is similar in size to Alabama. I think it had total enrollment over 32,000 this spring.</p>

<p>Hmm… I just realized that Bailey was president of TTU during the Mike Leach/Craig James mess. I’ll have to research this one a bit…</p>

<p>kansasdem, I wondered about that too, but don’t remember his name being mentioned much. It seemed like the AD and the head of the trustees took most of the flak.</p>

<p>As long as he doesn’t bring Tommy Tuberville with him…</p>

<p>Mom… Aint that the truth. No Tubberville!</p>

<p>Dr. Bailey would be only the second UA president to be from Alabama. His hiring might also spur the creation of a linguistics major, which many students would like to see.</p>

<p>Hopefully he will keep the open door policy of Dr. Witt and Dr. Bonner. If he starts soon, he’ll have enough time to sign the diplomas of the August graduates and Dr. Bonner can take a nice post-retirement vacation while the weather is still warm.</p>