Current Sophomore at Purdue Studying Engineering- Any questions?

<p>Does it honestly matter which one you use? Do you need to use CDs at all in engineering courses?</p>

<p>I haven’t yet in my courses. And if you did need to use something with a CD drive, you can always go to one of the computer labs. A few of them are open 24/7.</p>

<p>Not really but doesn’t NetBook require internet connection or what is it exactly?</p>

<p>It’s basically a Laptop without the CD Port. You can use it without internet access.</p>

<p>O.o don’t many laptops exclude a CD port?</p>

<p>o.O They do?</p>

<p>I haven’t heard of an abundance of computers not having CD drives. Weird.</p>

<p>Well the Macs are prime examples. I was going to get the HP envy 15t (fourth generation Intel laptop) but I didn’t get it because they didn’t have the drive so I got the 17t version. I walk in best buy and I see laptop from size 11-14 with no drive… Unless ultrabook/notebook don’t have drive and I’m mistakenly calling them laptop…</p>

<p>Did you guys use teacher recs when you applied?</p>

<p>I don’t think so… I remember doing the whole app online so they probably wasn’t needed.
I remember only using them for scholarship…</p>

<p>Would you say the likelihood of getting into Purdue is limited by what major is requested, as in is it harder to get into a school like Purdue as an undeclared or as an engineer major?</p>

<p>Definitely. Smaller programs as well as those that are prestigious are definitely harder to get accepted into. However, if you get denied from your original major like my cousin did with engineering, you can change your intended major, and he changed his to BCM and got accepted. So always go with your first choice program no matter what.</p>

<p>My D got an ultra book , it weighs 3 lbs and it has no CD drive .
For the few times she needs to use one, she has an external CD drive which costs $30 .</p>

<p>Seconding Naturaldistaster. It’s harder to get in as an engineering major. Purdue undergraduate engineering is pretty consistently top 10 nationally I believe. Pretty big competition.</p>

<p>From experience it’s hard to get into Engineering. But I easily got into another major.</p>