Current students

<p>I was wondering if there are any current students/student families out there can talk about how the atmosphere at Purdue is. I've been accepted into CoE and was wondering how students like it and if there are opportunities to be involved with the school (football/basketball games). Thank you!</p>

<p>I’m a current freshman at Purdue, and I could not imagine myself anywhere else. I love that there’s a strong academic environment as well as a good time to be had. I’ve gone to all of the football games and a few basketball games as well as a majority of the volleyball games. If you’re interested in attending a lot of sporting events, buy the VIP pass. It’s totally worth it to be able to go to all sporting events. I’m involved in Greek life at Purdue, and I don’t regret joining at all, despite my busy schedule with engineering classes. Besides Greek life, there are many ways to get involved. I know people who row crew, play club volleyball, are heavily involved with Christian organizations, as well as people who are involved in academic or philanthropic clubs. There’s so much to do on campus, and I’m rarely bored. </p>

<p>If you have any more specific questions, let me know.</p>

<p>Do most students go to sporting events, or is it just a few? And what is the VIP pass?</p>

<p>I know quite a few students who go to sporting events. I always had someone to go to football and volleyball games with, but basketball has been a bit harder to find people to go with due to their weeknight schedules and Purdue’s less than stellar performance this year. The VIP pass allows you to attend all home sporting events for $250 dollars. It’s a good deal if you plan on going to at least football and basketball because those season tickets add up to more than $250 alone.</p>

<p>Ok thank you very much! This has helped a lot. I’m glad there’s a lot to do, I was a bit concerned because of its location and what there is to do there. Any more tips for incoming freshmen??</p>

<p>You’ll find that Purdue makes West Lafayette and not the other way around. In bigger cities, you’d have things to do when students, but in WL, once the students are gone, the place is dead.</p>