Currently a CAP student wanting to transfer to ATM

<p>I am currently a CAP student capping from UT Tyler to UT Austin and want to further explore my options. In my first semester I'm taking 16 hours and should end up having around a 3.6 GPA. Next semester I'm taking 15 hours and can easily get at least a 3.8. I should end my freshmen year with 31 hours and a cumulative 3.7 at least. but i was wondering exactly how hard is it to transfer into A&M specifically Mays business school. Will my credits transfer? Also, i was looking at degree plan "E" which is required for Mays and it requires a speech credit but CAP students are only allowed to choose specific classes from the CAP course list which does not include speech. What are my chances of transferring into A&M in general and also Mays?</p>

<p>Transferring into Mays is going to be extremely difficult. I believe they only accept 75 or so students as a transfer per year. So your stats will have to be incredibly high. I think transferring into general studies isn’t all that easy, but only because I’ve heard that they want you to pick a major to try to transfer in to. In other words, they want you to pick something like PoliSci then have a secondary choice or general studies. But from what I’ve heard, general studies as primary choice isn’t a good idea; it should be secondary.</p>