CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

I did apply PPSP. Do the decisions not come out separately?

I think you’re correct, thank you!

I think PPSP and EA are different

1 Like

S got in EA with 30K University Scholarship. He also submitted violin performance videos so we were hoping for the 10K Arts Achievement Scholarship for non music majors. The offer letter did not mention anything on that. Does it mean he did not get it, or is it possible that it is still under consideration?

I finally racked up the nerve to check and I got in with 22.5K per year!!!

1 Like

Deferred.

3.95 W (increasing grades each year)
34 ACT
Lots of EC
7 APs

I still haven’t received any information so I contacted the admissions office! Not me having a total panic attack right now…

My DD got deferred. 3.7 UW, 4.2W, ACT 32, 8 APs, lots of EC. She is thinking ED2.
Any experience with deferred to ED2 and tips on LOCI and other continuing demonstrated interest?
Congratulations on all the phenomenal acceptances!

DS21 accepted w/$25K University Scholarship
3.98 UW
4.43W
SAT 1500
13 AP Courses
State: CA
Major: EE
School Type: Public
Decent ECs (4 years varsity sport, in-major internship, CS)

1 Like

S accepted EA w/10k Bolton Scholarship
4.5 W
No test scores
State;MD
Major: Nursing
School Type: Private
ECs: (Editor in Chief Literary Magazine, Features Editor Newspaper, Conductor A Cappella)

2 Likes

Woohoo. Sweet! Congratulations!

Deferred.
GPA 3.9 UW
SAT 1530
AP 4, IB,
Regular ECs
Does showing intent for Financial Aid reduce chance of acceptance in any way? We had got an email in between saying that application was incomplete and then another saying it was an error.
Congratulations to all who got in!

Son got in with 25K merit award. Congrats to all that were accepted.

Deferred
3.67UW/3.84W
SAT: 1420
4 APs
Good ECs/LORs including research for a college prof

Congratulations to all who got in!

This is for anyone looking for test optional applicants.
I applied test optional my test got canceled twice. I got accepted with 25k annually and a 22k CWRU grant.
4.18 gpa
5 AP classes 5 Honors classes
Good EC- school volleyball, club volleyball softball, Girl Scout, band, NHS, student government, Spanish club
Good volunteer hrs
Good awards

2 Likes

Accepted w/30 K merit per year!

OOS student.
1560 SAT (770 RW/790 M)
800 Math II Subject test
5s on All 7 AP Tests to Date
4.0 UW GPA, 4.61 W
All AP and Honors
Solid ECs, including employment, club leadership, and volunteering.
P.S. note for me said, “I admire your work advocating for your communities.” Just to give idea of what ECs centered around
Solid Personal essay
I had a really good interview and did show lots of demonstrated interest.

Congrats to all who got in!

1 Like

Congratulations! You got great stats. I guess you would have much better options than CWRU😊

Do we know how deferrals go at CWRU? After ED2 is it a rolling or is it a set date? Son got deferred and is not interested in ED2.
Thanks if anyone has info. And congrats to those who got accepted:)

3 Likes

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I was admitted and applied for the nursing program and received the 22.5K scholarship. Case Western is one of the top schools I was considering, so I am extremely happy about that!

1 Like

Accepted. An international student.

D got deferred. She likes Case and will re-apply RD. It is still a big shock for me personally since Case doesn’t required additional essays, so I assume the decision was based on mostly stats and ECs.

Congrats to all who got in !!!

2 Likes