CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

DS accepted! IB diploma candidate, 4.5 W/3.85 UW GPA, test-optional, aerospace major. Demonstrated interest by attending three online sessions (one through his HS, and he ended up being the only one on it, so he had a good one-on-one session with the admissions rep). 25K/year University Scholarship. He loved the personalized p.s. at the end. Congratulations to all who were accepted, and chin-up to those deferred (we’ve got one of those from another school as well . . .)

1 Like

Rejected…very disappointed because Case was a match school
Stats: 5.76/5.00 weighted GPA, 1460 SAT
13 AP classes altogether
ECs: co-president of a school medicine club, communications manager for FCCLA, hospital volunteering experience, school ambassador, recent employment as a teacher assistant, summer internship for research under professor + year-long research project through AP Research, school club dancer, blog writer, editor for nfp (health-related)
LORs: 3 from teachers I had a decent relationship with
Essay: I honestly don’t want to rank it but I gave it to my counselor and she said it was a good topic + well-written
I am also international but I live here and attend a U.S High School
Congrats to all who got in–you all seem brilliant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PPSP (BS/MD) has its own schedule.

@gisellebird18 CWRU has a Single-Door admissions policy so although you tell them what you think your major will be you can major in anything you want.

1 Like

Seems like some yield protection is going on, you have awesome stats… don’t beat yourself over it!

1 Like

I am sorry about CWRU. Before sending out other applications, do look over them again very carefully with an experienced person (another teacher, perhaps) other than your school counselor (for fresh input).

Do your essays and short answers convey that you understand what the schools can offer? That you are eager to learn, curious, hardworking, compassionate…, befitting of a future health professional (my guess)? Have you described the specifics in your ECs that fit in with your aspirations, for example, as the co-president of the medicine club, what have you done? Have the lessons you learned from these experiences further strengthened your desire to reach your goals?

There is still time to improve and correct your applications. Good luck. There will be better news for you.

1 Like

I was accepted - No merit, very little financial aid

32 ACT
3.51 GPA (from freshman-junior year, but it went up each year)
3.68 Senior GPA so far
Very competitive school; all classes are AP or Pre-AP/College Prep
5 AP classes
No ranking
An American citizen living abroad
Have leadership roles as a camp counselor, soccer captain, and coach
Played soccer since I was 5
Lots of volunteering and community service
Staff Writer and Editor for my school’s newspaper
National Art Honor Society

2 Likes

thank you for the reassurance, this was nice to hear!

2 Likes

I have actually submitted all my other applications so I can not make further changes :frowning: However, my supplements for all the other schools are highly specific towards the particular program and convey my love for science + research
I was a little upset that case did not have a supplement because it would have been a good way for me to advocate for myself. . . oh well

2 Likes

Violetpurple1, I am sending you a virtual hug. You have done your best. I apologize that I might have been judgmental in my previous post to you, not intended.

2 Likes

My child was also rejected, and we were kind of surprised. He was waitlisted ED at a school that has a much lower acceptance rate.

I am wondering if the lack of supplementals (which at first we thought was a blessing) was a curse here.

2 Likes

Accepted with 22.5k/yr merit scholarship! Pretty surprised because I was expecting a rejection/deferral

Application Type: EA
Decision: Accepted
Scholarship: $22,500/yr
Potential Major: Biology
SAT/ACT: 34
GPA: 3.6 UW
Classes (AP, DE, IB?): 4 AP classes
Good ECs and LORs
Demonstrated Interest: campus visit

2 Likes

thank you! also no problem at all, it didn’t come off as judgemental :blush:

1 Like

Deferred
36 act
Physics ec including SSP astrophysics.
Congrats to those who got in!
Accepted at ND so that helps
Maybe yield protection?

3 Likes

You have an incredible profile! this year is a lesson in expecting the unexpected…

@bopper bumping this up for your wise eyes:)

This is likely yield protection. They want to compare you with the rest of the RD pool, they also want to see if you will still be interested in the spring when you receive decisions from other, likely more competitive, schools.

What percentage of kids are admitted EA and ED? I applied Regular Decision and am trying to determine whether I have a chance. Thanks.

Can someone educate me on yield protection? Deferred a 4.0 student can protect the yield? If CWRU eventually admit the student in March, what is changed wrt yield protection?

1 Like

Good question. Unless some who are deferred don’t go on to being RD/Ed2 because they are annoyed they got deferred and got in another ea school (I doubt this is too many kids but mine is one of them :joy:)

1 Like