CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

I think 31% acceptance for early and 27 for reg

D got in. $25K univ scholarship. SAT-1560 (800 M/ 760- EWR), SAT 2- 800 Maths2. GPA UW- 3.86. Lots of ECs but would not call it exceptional. Class rank- NA but guess around 95th percentile.

Congratulations to all who got in and best of luck to those deferred.

4 Likes

Congrats to your D for Case’s admissions.

If you don’t mind, can you help adding your D’s stats to “CWRU Class of 2025 Decisions”. That would help parents/students plan to apply in the future.

2 Likes

International Student
Decision: Accepted
Potential Major: CS
SAT/ACT: 1510(710+800)
SATII: Math2 790 Chem 720
GPA: 3.92 (UW) 4.15 (W)
7 AP Classes
LORs from AP Cal and AP Chem teachers
ECs: CS club, Video Game Development Club, School Newspaper, Tutoring, Taekwondo, School Orchestra, Free Meal Service
Demonstrated Interest: X

2 Likes

Congratulations to those who got accepted! Wishing all the best to those who did not get admission or deferred to RD!

My D got admitted REA and is very eager to join CWRU! We love the details per admission letter and the emails we have been receiving from the Admissions Office. My D also likes CWRU’s focus on academics and research. We heard that it is not really a party school compared to others which my D prefers.

Super excited!

3 Likes

@shecago11 Congrats on the admission!

Correct, Case does not assign specific major during admission, to allow flexibility for students to explore the first 2 years and decide. However, for particular major (for example nursing) has rigid predetermined academic 4-yr path so you will need declare nursing major immediately. You will then be assigned a nursing advisor to help you with follow up with the 4-yr program.

1 Like

I agree that the emails they’ve been sending are very impressive. Maybe most schools do this? (My son is accepted in CW and one other and the other hasn’t sent a peep)

They don’t. My DD applied to 17 schools, including UChicago, flagship state schools, high ranking privates, and CWRU, by far, has had the best email communications.

1 Like

I wanted to hop back on to let you all know about my results! I ended up getting deferred through EA and then I decided to apply ED 2 since case was my top school. This morning I got an email from them saying there was a status update on my portal. It ended up being a rejection letter so that’s too bad. The good news is that I got an interview at Emory which was my 2nd choice and I think I did pretty good so fingers crossed!!

1 Like

If my son has your stats, he wouldn’t have even bothered with Case. You will be better off somewhere else. Emory is a great school. Good luck!

1 Like

sorry to hear that. I wish you can get in another school as good as or better than CWRU.

Your situation debunk the yield theory. Hindsight, you may have a chance if you choose RD instead of ED II. If I were you, I wish them reject me outright instead of wasting time for ED II rejection.

2 Likes

@notaddisonrae Good luck with Emory. I’m sure you will end up at a great school.

@NJ08809 There a lot of reason people “bother” with Case. Great programs, up and coming city, access to Cleveland Clinic, high merit aid for its ranking, and great research opportunities at a smaller school are just a few of those reasons.

2 Likes

Thanks for the inputs. I didn’t mean Case is not worth it. I just see there are other options with good stats.

im sorry :((( your username is so funny tho

i do think yield theory is still a thing because my friend who had higher stats than me got deferred then wait-listed through RD but we’ll never know. thanks for the uplifting message i really really appreciate it!!

@NJ08809 @Teachme21 thank you so much :slight_smile:

bahahaha thanks! you wanna know the story behind it? my friends call me addy and since i dance they compare me to addison rae so i thought it would be a fitting username NOTaddisonrae hehehe

3 Likes

So sorry to hear about the decision but love your perspective! I am blown away by the immense talent of the class of 2025 and you are another example of such talent! Cheers to you and the brilliant future you have ahead!

3 Likes

Kudos to your great attitude and good luck with Emory’s interview.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your full story with this group. Best of luck with the rest of your college selection journey.

Emory is an amazing school! We know many who attended and several people who work there now, including my D’s bestie’s mom (law school professor).

3 Likes

My D received a a package with bag, etc over the mail last weekend or so. Did anyone else receive one? We thought it was a lovely gesture.

Again, wishing all the best to those who are still awaiting decisions or have decided to move on. Everyone has a place somewhere. Good luck!

2 Likes