CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

@MarrZak
What AP classes have you taken?
How did you do on the PSAT?
What major are you considering?
Otherwise i would think you have a very good chance!

Hello! Took APUSH and AP English Lang (my school doesn’t offer too many AP classes), lots of dual enrollment (6 this year out of my nine classes: General Chem, Statistics, College Calculus, Research (hoping to publish a study this year), Psychology, and a religion course on birth, death, and afterlife (this was a requirement from my school)(1 dual enrollment last year for physics), a total of around 5-7 honors classes. The PSAT was not available to be taken, I applied test-optional even though I registered multiple times for the SAT/ACT, schools here are on the brink of expecting another lockdown so unlikely to take any exams.

I applied for Biochemistry on a Pre-Med track!
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Decision: Accepted (early decision)
Scholarship: Cleveland scholars
Potential Major: neuroscience (and minor in Chinese)
Stats:
SAT/ACT: n/a
GPA: 4.0 w 3.8 uw
Classes (AP, DE, IB?) note: my school does not have ap classes (but we are a college prep school), it is a digital art school so every year we take graphic design, video game design/animation , recording arts, and camera acting/film. We also take a ungraded elective called a community connection that range from classes such as robotics to fashion design (lots of variety)

De classes + grade
Cuyahoga community college:
3D foundations: A
English writing: A

Cleveland state university:
English writing 2: B
Sociology: A
Human biology: A
Human biology lab: A
Asl 1: A
Asl 2: in progress
Psychology: in progress
Physics 1: in progress
Physics 1 lab: in progress

ECs:
Interlochen art camp 2 years in a row (screenwriting and visual arts).
Internship as wedding planner assistant (200 hours)
Creative director for smart cookie magazine (a magazine aimed at young black females) (30 hours)
Student leadership team (25 hours)
7cups listener (40 hours)
Family responsibilities (my brother has autism) ( 1,120)
Student photographer for newbridge (240)
Student photography community connection (100 hours)

Demonstrated Interest: attended many webinars, in person tour, admissions interview, fall diversity and inclusion program, and communication through email

6 Likes

@lrd123

Congratulations !!!

1 Like

Congrats…was this ED or EA? Either way impressive resume and good luck to you in the future …CW is a great school

Thank you! And it was ED!

Decision: Accepted!!!
(applied ED)
Scholarship: Bolton scholarship $10,000 plus about $6,000 in financial aid

Potential Major: Nursing (and minor in psychology)

Stats:

SAT/ACT: applied test optional

GPA: 4.14 w

Classes (AP, DE, IB?)

IB Chem I: A

IB Bio SL: A

IB Math App&Int I: A

IB Physics I: A-

IB Psych SL: A

IB math App&Int SL 2: in progress

IB Chem SL 2: in progress

Dual enrollment at NOVA community college:

World history/geography DE: in progress

English 12 DE: in progress

ECs:

Club soccer for about 12 years

Track and field 10th-(current)

Jobs:

Commonwealth Running management: grades 10,11,12

Lifeguard and Cashier: grades 9,10

Demonstrated Interest:
Talked to the track and field coach about potentially being on the team. Also attended many of the online webinars they held

6 Likes

Hi all - My family has received an inordinate amount of requests for financial information from CWRU. Does anyone have any insight as to whether they do this with all candidates? I would hate to give this level of detail to a school that will ultimately deny the admission application.

I am not sure, we were asked also, and I actually had a phone call with Financial aid to clear some things. But, just about everyone I know who applied was also asked for additional financial aid information. I know they are a need-aware, and they would need that information before making a decision. One of my friends read old posts here and it seemed like the financial aid request had no bearing on acceptances or rejections.

My daughter has not received any requests for additional financial information. We filed the FAFSA and the CSS Profile.

We filed FAFSA and CSS. We were selected for FAFSA verification and had to send a couple additional docs but certainly nothing I would call “inordinate.” Side note: we were selected for verification by two other schools as well. I’m not sure if that is typical or perhaps had something to do with divorced parents plus I own a business. Regardless, it was the same few documents supporting the FAFSA.

Curious for those being asked to submit more financial aid docs – did the emails come to you as well as your kid? My S is not always great with email and I’m hoping we haven’t missed anything.

It has been a while, but if memory serves the email only went to my D. She didn’t notice it (sounds like our kids are similar :slight_smile:) but happened to check her portal and saw additional items with a red X. So I’d recommend checking the portal. There were a few documents listed and a line item to contact the FA office, which concerned me at first but simply related to the additional items in case we had questions.

I checked my son’s portal and we were required to upload our W2’s.

S just checked portal and still a green check next to financial aid so I guess means it’s ok!

last year Case asked for a lot more financial info during early action. I was eventually deferred to RD…then accepted with scholarship …which i thought was strange. I turned them down in RD.

We submitted the FAFSA in the 3rd week of October, right after our daughter submitted the EA application and CSS on November 6th. My daughter received an email on Nov, 9th with one line item clarification between the FAFSA and the CSS Profile, which she submitted on Nov, 10th. Everything seems to have a green check when she checked again today, so :crossed_fingers:

It went to my DD, and her dad (separated), for Fafsa purposes, I am listed as non-custodial

Does anyone know when (date and time - if known) Case will be releasing their EA decisions?

1 Like

This Saturday, 12/19. Not sure if they have given us an exact time.

2 Likes