CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello!! I just wanted to hop on and ask what you all would think my chances are in getting accepted at CWRU for class of '25! I applied EA so I really hope I get in!!

Class rank: 10/357
GPA weighted- 4.080 unweighted- 3.927
SAT/ACT- test optional since I have family members who are categorized in the high risk category

AP Exams
APUSH - 4
Calc AB - 4
Calc BC - will take in spring 2021
Chem - will take in spring 2021
Bio - will take in spring 2021
Course Work
IB Psychology
IB Economics SL
IB Biology Higher Level Year 1
IB Chemistry Standard Level
IB Math Standard Level
IB Spanish 4 SL
IB Spanish 5 SL
(I think there’s more but I can’t remember off the top of my head)
AP US History
AP Language and Composition
AP Literature
AP Biology
AP Chemistry
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics 1

Extracurriculars
National Honors Society (Secretary)
STEM Club (President)
Dance (voluntary assistant dance teacher and competitive team captain)
Cardiovascular Recovery Unit Volunteer (470 hours total)
Change in Action (Social Media coordinator)
DECA (president also ran for state executive council)
Indian association youth committee (Vice president and treasurer)
Multicultural Club (Vice president)
Muscular Dystrophy Association (volunteer and raised 15,000)
Marching and Concert Band (Section Leader and on Leadership Council)

Awards
DECA State Finalist (2 consecutive years)
Math Olympics 1st place
Dance competition 1st place (since freshman year) also got best lead award since 9th
State Solo and Ensemble 1st division (3 consecutive years)

Demonstrated Intrest
Attended many online seminars
Emailed the undergrad admissions office like crazy (showed I want to attend as well)
Attended an interview (it was good!!)
Met with Alums and current students

Letter of Recs
I got them from my Calc AB and BC teacher, my ap physics 1 teacher, my IB Chem and AP chem teacher, my IB biology teacher (maybe 9/10?)
I got one from my local community leader (idk/10 it only talks about me dancing)
I also got one from a neurosurgeon who worked at the university hospital, is an alum, and his son goes to CWRU (10/10)

Sorry this is so long!! CWRU is my top school but my parents wanted me to apply EA since they wanted me to apply to other schools as well :slight_smile: Thank you so much!!

Your stats and ECs are absolutely fantastic, I’m sure you’ll get in.

I applied EA too and Case is one of my top choices, I hope we both make it!

@notaddisonrae What major are you thinking of?
I agree that you look like you have a very strong chance!

have there been instances where CASE has rejected an EA applicant as the admissions officer may consider the candidate as over qualified and may not pick Case eventually ?

Does anyone have any idea what time of day the EA decisions will come out on Saturday?

Or if they even will come out Saturday? I know Case has a reputation for pushing back notification dates.

they’re really going to make us wait till Saturday night smh

1 Like

@bopper Do you think dropping an AP Calc class to a regular calc for the second semester would affect an admission decision? I would still have 4 AP’s and 1 honors but I know that it is considered a drop in rigor.

Why do you want to drop to regular Calc?
What are you thinking of majoring in?

Of course it is not ideal but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
If you are looking toward math or engineering then you will be competing against people who are taking AP Calc AB, BC, or even Multivariable. But you may have unique circumstances that will work for you.

1 Like

is 7 pm EST the actual time it’s coming out? I really don’t want to wait all day, lol. Also, some financial aid director emailed me a few weeks ago about some discrepancies and my parents had to fill out some more forms. Does it usually mean anything? The financial aid office probably works separately from the admissions, and I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing

I have not seen an official time confirmed anywhere but maybe just missed it. We were contacted by financial aid for additional information as well (back in November). I don’t think it means anything based on previous discussions here.

Hey guys! We have a discord chat for the class of 2025 (you can join even if you haven’t been accepted yet/ are considering cwru)
Dm me on Instagram @batascotch for the link (cc doesn’t allow discord links :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

@bopper
I’m curious on what is the highest amount of University scholarship Case gave out last year ?

I saw a few of $22K and maybe $25K but not if if that is the max amount.

Thanks

Does anyone else get sent to a pre-made Canvas account when they try to log onto the CWRU Single Sign-On on Google? I also found myself logged into a gmail account that I never made with the domain “…@case.edu.”

It appears EA decisions were pushed out? D just got an email saying 12/22 now…

3 Likes

Yes, my D has a case.edu email account as well. I believe every applicant has one.

1 Like

EA Decision notification pushed to 12/22 Tue 8EST !

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure my D has always had a case.edu email.
We had never looked at the canvas account before (only the applicant portal) so no idea if anything has changed with that. It may simply be related to the secure notification and have nothing to do with the outcome.

D is disappointed in the delay until Tuesday. Oh well. Now to finish wrapping. :christmas_tree: :gift:

Yes they see too. We keep ending up on Canvas also.

Wait yeah, I didn’t realize I had an email. I wonder if I can log onto gmail with that