D but still get into a UC?

I fell behind and recieved a D in multivariable calculus fall sememster (my grades were 4 A’s, 1 B, 1 D)
Do you think all of my UC apps will be rescinded?
I got a 1500 SAT
and 4.0 UC gpa (10-11th)
I feel like they may not because its not an A-G class and its definitly not required for college.
I seriously dont want to go to community college

It is up to each UC to determine what course of action that they will take regarding the D. All UC admissions are provisional and a D is considered a valid reason to rescind that acceptance. Multivariable Calculus is an a-g course in the eyes of the UC’s for HS’s that offer the course or if you are taking the course at your local CC since it is UC transferable.

First, you need to contact the UC’s regarding the deficient grade:

If there are changes to your academic record…

Freshmen: If you change schools, add or drop a course, or fail to earn a C or better in a course after you submit your application, you must notify the UC Application Center by email or postal mail. Your correspondence must include your name, UC Application ID number and your signature (if you mail a letter), and will be available to all the campuses to which you applied.

If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes. Although you must notify the campus of these changes, we cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Email: ucinfo@applyUCsupport.net

Postal mail:

UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302

If possible, I would try to retake the course next semester which could help your chances.

The course is available at my school. I’ve completed Alg 2, precalc, AB and BC and then Multivariable would be considered a 5th year of math.
Also im holding back from notifying the UCs just yet because it may be possible to still change the grade next semester

Just make sure if the D remains on your transcript, the schools are given sufficient notice. They do not like surprises when reviewing your final transcript in the summer.

Best of luck.

You won’t be able to change your semester grade if it’s already in the books and every school you get into will see it on your transcript when they get it. They do not like to be surprised. If it were me, or my child, I’d be following @Gumbymom’s advice. Now if the semester isn’t complete, as most semester schools are not, and you still have a few weeks left to bring it back up, by all means, do your best. The bottom line is every school you get into will ultimately get an official transcript directly from your high school.

That’s not quite true, grades can change at any time after submittal. It depends on the school district. For example, my kid’s HS had a policy where you would get an A- in both your semesters if you got a 5 on your AP test and you didn’t get an A. (For Bio Chem Physics C). In this example it wouldn’t help the OP since the grade wouldn’t be changed until the year after, but I’ve seen cases where grades are changed for any number of reasons.

I wouldn’t notify any school of the D until you got accepted, but before the transcript is to be sent out. It doesn’t say you have to notify immediately, only that you have to notify.

The timeline will be stressful.

If you are accepted without the D being considered as part of your application review, you will have a long wait to know your fate.

You will receive your acceptance with your peers, then SIR to the college you want to attend by May 1.

If you wait to notify the school of your D, you will have to wait until July or August to know If the school plans to rescind. That’s when the UCs typically send out rescission notices.

If you are rescinded in July or Aug, where will you attend?

If a student got a D in the second semester of the year, the same issue is going to come up just the same - where will you attend if you somehow get rescinded? I think most people would rather get accepted and deal with having to show why they got a D, as opposed to telling now and getting rejected. Just my opinion.

@clover12245: Also, if you do decide to withdraw or drop the class, you still need to notify the UC’s prior to sending your final transcript and this could also impact your chances/acceptances.

I agree that there is no deadline listed to notify the UC’s about the deficient grade so hopefully you can take care of some damage control and show the UC’s you are retaking the class or taking steps so your 2nd semester grade will not be an issue. Just make sure you have a Plan B if the acceptances are rescinded.

Best of luck.