"D" grade... Acceptance jeopardized?

<p>Hi everyone, I REALLY need an answer to this question. It’s been taunting me since the end of school, last week. But before I ask this question, I must give you all background information so you guys can fully understand where I’m coming from.</p>

<p>I’m a mostly straight A student who is accepted and hopefully attending UC Irvine in Fall 2011. During the second semester of my senior year, my father died in a horrible car accident, sending me into deep depression: I lost interest in school activities, I was unable to concentrate-- and my teachers know and understand that. Though I received decent grades second semester (mostly A’s and some B’s), I received a “D” grade in AP Calculus AB because, quite honestly, I could not concentrate. I was not “cruising” through 2nd semester, I tried really hard, but my situation made it really difficult to succeed. </p>

<p>So here’s my question: Will my provisional acceptance to UC Irvine be withdrawn because of one “D” grade? I’m so scared, and I will be so ashamed if I cannot attend UC Irvine in the fall. I’ve received an A in every math class I’ve taken, it was just 2nd semester calculus that was SO VERY DIFFICULT for me to handle. </p>

<p>Thank you for reading and helping.</p>

<p>No one on this board could answer your question, Call the admissions office and explain your situation, from there just cross your fingers. Good luck, I hope that they overlook your D and it sounds like you have a pretty good chance of still going to UCI due to your personal situation.</p>

<p>Thank you very much! I was waiting for an answer. Thanks again for the help :)</p>

<p>Hello:</p>

<p>I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you actually did very well considering what you were having to deal with.</p>

<p>Please let us know how it turns out.</p>

<p>Best wishes nuinuinui. Keep us posted.</p>

<p>If you already completed the A-G requirements for mathematics (I assume because you completed AP Calculus AB your last year), then you should be fine.</p>

<p>Call the admissions office – But I am sure you will not lose your spot. (They will consider your mostly straight-A record and the very unexpected circumstances behind the poor grade in AP Calc.)</p>

<p>I send my condolences to you and your family, and best wishes you to nuinuinui. Keep us posted.</p>

<p>@THE<code>HAIRY</code>LEMON, you need a passing grade for ANY a-g courses taken in senior year, regardless of whether they are required, recommended, or optional.</p>

<p>i hope everything works out for you, nui!!</p>