D in Language Arts AP

<p>Hey everyone. I am 90% going to get in 11th grade Language Arts AP this year. Other than that i have 4 A’s and 1 B. Im not sure if it may help, but I got 1810 on the SAT and on the SAT 2 i got a 610 in Lit and 650 in US history. My question is, do i have any chance of getting into UCI with a D? </p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>“I am 90% going to get in 11th grade Language Arts AP this year”</p>

<p>Congrats, must be a hard class to get into.</p>

<p>rofl, sorry i couldnt find an edit button so i meant to say that there is a 90% chance that i will get a D in the class</p>

<p>Well, since UCSC flat out rejected anyone with a D in any of their classes this year, regardless of other stats…I’m pretty sure it’s not going to fly at UCI, which is more difficult to get into.</p>

<p>You do not even meet the minimum requirements for UCs if you get a D in Lang. Arts AP when you consider that you need 4 years of English.</p>

<p>D = Credit to pass high school.
C = Credit to count towards college requirement classes.</p>

<p>In other words, you won’t be even considered for a UC if you dont make that class up or get it up to a C</p>

<p>Colleges, especially a school like UCI don’t even like seeing Ds on report cards.</p>

<p>With declining admission due to budget cuts and the economy, you will need the best grades u can possibly get.</p>

<p>I would raise your GPA/SAT scores too. I got tons of friends with ~3.8G.P.A and 2200 SAT being rejected from Irvine.</p>

<p>yes you still have a chance
a friend of mine got a D in AP-USH last year
made it up during summer school
and still ended up getting in uci this year</p>

<p>as long as you make up the course you will meet the UC requirement</p>