D senior year

<p>I’m looking at most likely a D in my Spanish class. The rest of my grades are above 3.0 unweighted.</p>

<p>Is this automatic recension at all UCs, some UCs, top UCs?</p>

<p>Well, from a story I heard from a UC Admission’s person, a valedictorian got a D in Physics his senior year. Cal took back his admission.</p>

<p>I would talk to your counselor about this. Maybe make a class up in summer school?</p>

<p>Also, from what I know UCs don’t want to see Ds on report cards. Cs are fine, as long as the 3.0 is maintained.</p>

<p>Well, let the worrying begin. Each UC will decide on an individual basis whether they should rescind your application if you are accepted in march. Really, all you can do is wait and hope. Some UCs are stricter than others. If you are otherwise a very good student and have a decent reason for your bad grade, they may be lenient towards you.</p>

<p>Without extenuating circumstances, a D in senior year is gonna be hard to 'essplain, and will likely result in recission at the big two, and likely three.</p>

<p>Could you repeat the course next semester? How about taking at a juco? That way if you are accepted, you could immediately write a mea culpa and show that you repeated the course with a passing grade…</p>