D21 journey

oh - just give us a little something, something @homerdog!

1 Like

I’m bad at poker but this feels like a Lehigh to me…

5 Likes

Buns of steel after climbing up that mountain I bet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think Lehigh is off the list, based on the comment.

3 Likes

Agree!

1 Like

You are all hilarious. I wrote one sentence about Lehigh and you guys read into that! I’m being deliberately vague!

7 Likes

I must have missed the “comment.” But I heard you guys were at the “grassy knoll.”

Question. Has anyone not picked a college because of mountains and stairs? Does Lehigh let you check out oxygen tanks at the bottom before climbing the mountain? :laughing:

3 Likes

Ok I will throw out a comment. We didn’t think it was the hill was a downside and thought it was pretty cool! Geez I was expecting to be exhausted and it wasn’t like that…at least for us!

4 Likes

yes this is my guess also

oops didn’t read homerdog’s further comments, but still leaning toward eliminating Lehigh as the pick

2 Likes

I never thought the hills would be a problem. This student is a serious dancer and the son is a runner. I really don’t know many who cared about the hills.

I suspect that one of the smaller schools is a better fit.

I’m honestly perplexed as to why people care that Lehigh is hilly. It’s so beautiful, who cares? I don’t see people complaining about the Alps.

Speaking of which, it’s quite chilly today. Time for some gluhwein!

12 Likes

Homerdog - is it snowing in Hamilton? My prediction is still Davidson if it is cold at Colgate during your visit!
Safe travels!

Enjoy! Can’t wait to hear about your trip.

2 Likes

30% chance of snow in next hour and low of 19 but Chicago is 26-35 today. Downright balmy.

1 Like

Just think of those CA schools while you are trekking through the snow. It’s 83 in Silicon Valley today, 87 in Los Angeles.

8 Likes

Was just talking to a friend with a son at BC. She said 7 out of the 8 roommates went home today for Easter, even a roommate that lives in CA. Just be aware that the campus might be unusually quiet.

3 Likes

@homerdog when you come to visit BC, explore the restaurants and shops along Beacon Street in Brookline going towards Boston (the green line runs down the middle). The last stop is Cleveland Circle (next to reservoir which is adjacent to the campus). If you travel towards Boston from Cleveland Circle, there are a myriad of shops, including a small Whole Foods, and restaurants around all the stops, especially Washington Street Square and Coolidge Corner. As you go further into Boston, the C line will meet up with another branch of the green line coming from BU in Kenmore Square, home of Fenway Park. If she doesn’t want to stray far from campus, there are a few student-geared restaurants across from St. Ignatius (on the Commonwealth Ave side of campus). If she wants to take ballet classes (don’t know her dance style), Brookline Ballet School is a short T ride down Beacon Street and they have drop in adult classes. It is one of the best studios in Boston. I went to U of R for grad school 30 years ago. I know it from then, have heard it has grown and expanded, but still has a certain character that wasn’t a good match for my S’21. Keep in mind U of R’s location and the lack of accessibility to The city and surrounding areas unless your D has a car. Although the city of Richmond is a vibrant eclectic community, I am unsure if the undergraduates have ready access. That said, the campus certainly is beautiful and I loved my time there, but I was in graduate school with a different vibe. I also moved off campus ASAP, as I was a “grown-up.” We always went into Carytown, Shockoe Slip and Bottom and the Fan.

Picked up D20 today. She said campus was already empty.

What were your impressions of Lehigh?